ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Barclays duplicate bank statement on plain A4 paper

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

simic

Barclays duplicate bank statement on plain A4 paper

Post by simic » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:39 pm

Hello All,

I plan to apply for t1 G extension end of this year. I bank with Barclays and am signed for paper statements. My Feb statement got lost in the mail. I called up customer service and ordered duplicate set.

What come home was just print out on normal a4 paper with a covering letter w. bank logo. None of the other pages have logo, my name, address etc. I walke din a branch today and they stamped each page for me but wouldn't sign it and claimed that's the format they give it in to every body and UKBA accepts it.

Has anybody had experience with this kind of bank statement. I will need to show Feb statement to cover a 12 month period to show enough earnings to qualify.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Barclays duplicate bank statement on plain A4 paper

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:25 pm

simic wrote:Hello All,

I plan to apply for t1 G extension end of this year. I bank with Barclays and am signed for paper statements. My Feb statement got lost in the mail. I called up customer service and ordered duplicate set.

What come home was just print out on normal a4 paper with a covering letter w. bank logo. None of the other pages have logo, my name, address etc. I walke din a branch today and they stamped each page for me but wouldn't sign it and claimed that's the format they give it in to every body and UKBA accepts it.

Has anybody had experience with this kind of bank statement. I will need to show Feb statement to cover a 12 month period to show enough earnings to qualify.
I have seen such statements refused. As if the cashier in the branch will know what statements are accepted! Ask them for a proper statement which includes the logo. Alternatively if you have internet banking and the logo appears when you print out statements from the internet do this and ask them to stamp them instead.

simic

Post by simic » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:27 pm

Thanks. I will be Barclay branch trolling from tomorrow. Hopefully one of them will understand the situation.

mhkhan

Post by mhkhan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:33 pm

Apologies for butting in.

Policy Guifance 109 (iii):

[i]Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements willbe accepted. This stamp must appear
on every page of the statement. Forthe purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that [b]operates solely over the internet[/b] and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email)[/i]

Since Barclays in not a sole internet bank, it may seem we can't use its online statements. Is that right?

[quote="simic"]Thanks. I will be Barclay branch trolling from tomorrow. Hopefully one of them will understand the situation.[/quote]

srpdata

Post by srpdata » Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:31 pm

I am facing the exact same issue, the only thing is i have all PDF statements and i am wondering who is going to certify them, problem is only few branches just put a stamp on that. I need to find them and get them attested.Please let me know the branch name if you were able to get this attested.

simic

Post by simic » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:35 pm

The Bayswater branch of Barclays was happy to stamp them for me.

simic

Post by simic » Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:36 pm

mhkhan wrote:Apologies for butting in.

Policy Guifance 109 (iii):

Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank issuing the statements willbe accepted. This stamp must appear
on every page of the statement. Forthe purposes of this guidance an online bank account is one that operates solely over the internet and sends their bank statements to their customers electronically (for example over the internet or via email)

Since Barclays in not a sole internet bank, it may seem we can't use its online statements. Is that right?

simic wrote:Thanks. I will be Barclay branch trolling from tomorrow. Hopefully one of them will understand the situation.
I believe you are correct. Since Barclays isnt a sole internet bank, I dont think electronic statements would work.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:52 am

I have never had problems with online statements from high street banks as long as they contain everything required in the guidance, e.g. Name, logo, account number etc and are stamped.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:57 am

I have never faced any problems either with online account statement. As long as it is stamped by the bank branch, it will suffice the requirement of HO.