ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visit Visa for Uncle and Aunty

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smartawan
Newly Registered

Visit Visa for Uncle and Aunty

Post by smartawan » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:35 pm

Hello,

Thanks in advance to everyone for their advice.

I am a British National and have been living with my family(Father, Mother, 2 sisters and 1 brother) in the UK for the last 7 years.

I have an Uncle (My father's only brother) and Aunty (uncle's wife) living in Karachi, Pakistan. My uncle has a well paid job and owns his house as well.

I am planning to call both of them over to the UK on a Visit visa to come and meet our family and spend some time with us.

I understand that I need to send the following documents in order to confirm my sponsorship:

• a sponsorship letter from me
• my bank statements for the last 90 days
• my wage slips for the last 3 months
• ability to accommodate and provide for their maintenance while they are here

I have had over £4000 in my bank account within last 90 days so hopefully that will be sufficient. From my current employment I earn £737/month and I will have wage slips to prove that.

My main worry is about how to show adequate accommodation for both of them.

I have bought a 3 bed house in October 2011 which is on mortgage and have been renting it out since than for £500/month. My bank statements would show instalment going out for the mortgage of £237/month.

I am living with my parents as I did before purchasing this house and it is a 4 bed council house. The tenancy agreement is on my mother’s name and council tax shows my father and mother both.

1- Will the salary be enough after taking into account the mortgage payment or does it show that I can’t afford to pay for their well being?

2- Will it be enough to just get a letter signed by mother to confirm that she is happy with my Uncle & Aunty staying in the house for a couple of weeks?

I can also attach tenancy agreement for my own house showing that tenancy contract has expired and if needed than I can ask tenants to leave the house in order to provide adequate accommodation for my uncle and aunty.

3- Do I need a solicitor to come around to my parent’s house and check size of rooms etc and verify anything?

Once again, any advice will be much appreciated and thanks for reading through such a long thread.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:46 pm

If they have their own means and don't need to rely of your financial benevolence, you don't need to sponsor them in that capacity. You can mention in a letter that they will be staying in your house and give the details and leave it at that. You have a big family so they will expect you to have a big house that is not liable to overcrowding. Your Uncle and Aunt will then provide their own evidences of their own means and ties to homeland that motivate their return. And it will bode much better for them if the do so.

smartawan
Newly Registered

Post by smartawan » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:08 am

Lucapooka many thanks for your quick reply.

So would i be better off writing a sponsorship letter stating that my uncle and aunty will cover their own expenses? if that is the case than how much money roughly they would have to show in their pakistani bank accounts.

Do I still need to send my wage slips and Bank statements alongside the sponsorship letter?

My impression was that it would be better for me to state that all maintenance and expenses will be covered by me but at the same time show money in their own bank accounts to prove that if anything goes wrong than they can fund their own accomodation/travel expenses etc - hence increasing chances of visa approval ..

What if I still want to show my mother's house as their resident while being in UK, would i than need to get solicitors involved and also ask the council?

Many thanks again for reading through such a long list of questions :)