ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA4 National Insurance Contributions

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

meir14

EEA4 National Insurance Contributions

Post by meir14 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:12 am

Hi

An immigration adviser told me that although i am married to an EEA national, i have to pay National Insurance as a non-EEA citizen to get EEA4 at the end of 5 year. He said also for citizenship, I have to pay taxes and NIC during the qualifying period although I am coming from the European Rule.
He said HO does not say this publicly, but they usually does not give EEA4 or citizenship for non EEA nationals who are not working and paying NIC.

Is this true?

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Sun Mar 11, 2012 7:32 am

Nonsense. In fact for EEA4, (unless divorced) it doesn't even matter what the non EEA national does. Only the EEA national activities matter. For naturalisation, employment is not a requirement.

EUsmileWEallsmile

Re: EEA4 National Insurance Contributions

Post by EUsmileWEallsmile » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:15 am

meir14 wrote:Hi

An immigration adviser told me that although i am married to an EEA national, i have to pay National Insurance as a non-EEA citizen to get EEA4 at the end of 5 year. He said also for citizenship, I have to pay taxes and NIC during the qualifying period although I am coming from the European Rule.
He said HO does not say this publicly, but they usually does not give EEA4 or citizenship for non EEA nationals who are not working and paying NIC.

Is this true?
Did you pay for this advice? If so, get your money back. It's incorrect.

meir14

Post by meir14 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:47 pm

Thank you for your replies. It was a free advice