ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Is Evidence for Accountant registration required?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Target_UK
Newly Registered

Is Evidence for Accountant registration required?

Post by Target_UK » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:45 am

Hello everyone,

I am applying for my Tier 1 extension (LTD company Director). I am providing Accountant letter,payment summary sheet, invoices and personal bank statements as evidence for my previous earnings.

In the application form, paragragh " Supporting Evidence for Previous Earnings Claimed " (page 37) states "Accountants providing evidence must be appropriately regulated, and evidence of registration must be provided". What evidence do I need to provide? My accountant (firm) letter has the registration number on it. Will that suffice or do I need to provide any evidence like copy of his Registration.

A quick response would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone

Target_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Target_UK » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:41 pm

29 views and no response. Can anyone help me.

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:48 pm

Last time I applied the letter was signed by my accountant and included a statement they are an ACCA and their registration number (this was an individual person not the firm overall). But that was more than a year ago so maybe the guidance notes have changed since then.

Target_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Target_UK » Wed Mar 07, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks for the response goldfish. I requested my accountant to provide me with some kind of evidence. But I got the same response as that of your answer. I am not sure what to be done as it is mentioned in the application form that evidence must be provided.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:53 pm

We always include all of our membership numbers on our accountant's letter (so that of the firm and the individual preparing the letter) plus company details for UKBA to check. We also provide contact details for UKBA should they want to check anything with us.

All of this is included as an appendix; we don't supply any other documents.

There have been no issues to date.
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

Target_UK
Newly Registered

Post by Target_UK » Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Thanks Accountantmatthew. I am bit relieved now.

benneviss

the amount on bank statement doesn't match pay slip

Post by benneviss » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:26 am

I was working with the small firm and I had been paid by cheque every month. I also incurred some expenses for the firm, which was paid by cheque as well.

I had deposited salary cheque and expenses cheque together with the bank . I was under impression that it would carry different entries however, I just found out that bank has combined both cheque and shown both amount as a single entry. Obviously , the amount on bank statement doesn't match on pay slip . I went to the bank and they said they can't give any explanation . The firm I used to work has closed its business .

to make it simple - Salary on pay slip -£1000
On bank statement - £1000+£58 (expenses) = £1058

Is there any way out ? Please note all are genuine business, it was just mistake happened that deposited both cheque together with one deposit slips .

Any advice highly appreciated

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:20 pm

Target_UK: Following from Matthew's message, my letters also included the accounting firm's details (name, address, company registration, contact phone, email address).

goldfish
Member of Standing

Post by goldfish » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:26 pm

bennevis, from your post you are an employee (not contractor, limited company, ...) - is this correct? What other evidence of earnings will you be providing?

Do you have copies of the cheques, your expense claims, or your contract of employment showing your salary? Did you get a P45 when you stopped working there? I think the P45 is the form you get when you leave so perhaps could be one form of evidence if the dates line up with your claimed earning period.