ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

List of Documents for FLR (M)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Oxford

List of Documents for FLR (M)

Post by Oxford » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:47 am

Hello Everybody,

First of all i would like to thank you all the people on this forum. This is a great help for everyone out there looking for some advice on immigration questions.

I have appointment on 28 March 2012 at Croydon PEO for Spouse visa FLR(M) and currently preparing to finalize my documents.

Just a brief background:

My spouse is British. I am currently on Tier 1 General Visa. We got married last year April. We have baby boy who was born a month ago is also British.

Please find the list of documents that I am going to carry with me to Croydon PEO.

1. Applicant’s Application form and Documents

• FLR (M) Application form for settlement visa
• Applicant Current & Previous Passport (Original)
• Two Passport Size Photographs

2. Proof of English Language Requirement

• Original Degree Certificate (Masters of Business Administration).
• Original Transcripts.
• Original Academic reference from University
• Copy of ‘Self-assessment Tool’ from UKBA website for English Language

3. Finances

• Barclays Bank Statement (Last 3 Months)
• HSBC Bank Statement (Joint Account)
• Payslips (Last 3 payslips)
• P60 2010-2011 (Original)

4. Accommodation

• Accommodation Support Letter from Parents
• Housing Inspection Report
• House Pictures (4 Bedrooms, 1 sitting room, 1 Spam)

5. Spouse Documents

• Passport (British)
• Naturalization Certificate (Original)
• One Passport-size Photograph
• Birth Certificate (Original)
• Driving Licence (Original)

6. Proof of Relationship

• Marriage Certificate (Original)
• Engagement Pictures (Original)
• Wedding Pictures (Original)
• Our Child Birth Certificate (Original)
• Our Child Passport (British)

Please advise if these documents are enough or if I am missing something???

Thank you in Advance guys.

Regard's

Kamran

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:14 am

List of supporting evidence looks OK, but why has it taken you nearly a year to get round to making the FLR(M) application?
John

Oxford

Post by Oxford » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:17 am

John wrote:List of supporting evidence looks OK, but why has it taken you nearly a year to get round to making the FLR(M) application?

Thank you for quick reply John. It is good question. To be Honest I didn't bother because my Tier one will expire at the end of 2012. Does it really make any difference at all????

Regard's

KA

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:28 am

Yes. The probationary period for the spouse of a British citizen starts after the grant of FLR(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Oxford

Post by Oxford » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:33 am

vinny wrote:Yes. The probationary period for the spouse of a British citizen starts after the grant of FLR(M).
so that's mean it will take one more year to apply for ILR?? I am just wondering if they will ask any question why i am applying after one year of getting married? would it affect my application by any means????

Regard's

KA

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:05 am

Yes. Currently, 2 years, or more.

They may want sufficient proof of a subsisting marriage.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

Oxford

Post by Oxford » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:21 am

vinny wrote:Yes. Currently, 2 years, or more.

They may want sufficient proof of a subsisting marriage.

What do you suggest what could be proof of subsisting marriage???

What do you think about the following:

1. Our baby boy was born last month
2. Original Birth Certificate of our baby (Containing Both Parents name)
3. Baby's British Passport
4. Joint Bank Statement of Last 8-9 Months
5. Joint Car Insurance 7-8 Months

Do you suggest any other proofs? Please Advise.

Thank You

Regards

KA

vinny

Post by vinny » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:28 am

That may be enough. Any more letters addressed to you jointly/separately to the same address may also add further weight.

Oxford

Post by Oxford » Sun Mar 11, 2012 11:54 am

vinny wrote:That may be enough. Any more letters addressed to you jointly/separately to the same address may also add further weight.
Thank you for the reply vinny. I think we have got many letters (Bank, Bills, etc) on the same address. I will try to attach the maximum I can.

Any Other suggestion re the appointment in Croydon. Can anybody please share their experiences???

Thank You

Regards

KA

747captain
Newly Registered

Similar application help please

Post by 747captain » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:38 pm

Hi guys I've got an appointment for flr(m) and have similar list for the application. list of documents that I am going to carry with me to Croydon PEO are:

• FLR (M) Application form for settlement visa • Applicant Current & Previous Passport (Original) • Two Passport Size Photographs

• Original Degree Certificate (Bachelors degree 1st class). • Original Transcripts.

3. Finances

• Barclays Bank Statement my name (Last 3 Months)
• Barclays Bank Statement partners (Last 3 Months) • Payslips (Last 3 payslips) • P60 2010-2011 (Original) and employment letter stating job is permanent.

4. Accommodation

• Accommodation Support Letter from Parents • Council tax bill under parents name.

5. Spouse Documents

• Passport (British) • One Passport-size Photograph • Birth Certificate (Original) • Driving Licence (Original)

6. Proof of Relationship

Please advise if these docoments are sufficient. I haven't got photos but can include them.

747captain
Newly Registered

Similar application help please

Post by 747captain » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:00 pm

Reposted accidentally on iPad

Oxford

Re: Similar application help please

Post by Oxford » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:38 am

747captain wrote:Hi guys I've got an appointment for flr(m) and have similar list for the application. list of documents that I am going to carry with me to Croydon PEO are:

• FLR (M) Application form for settlement visa • Applicant Current & Previous Passport (Original) • Two Passport Size Photographs

• Original Degree Certificate (Bachelors degree 1st class). • Original Transcripts.

3. Finances

• Barclays Bank Statement partners (Last 3 Months) • Payslips (Last 3 payslips) • P60 2010-2011 (Original) and employment letter stating job is permanent.

4. Accommodation

• Accommodation Support Letter from Parents • Council tax bill under parents name.

5. Spouse Documents

• Passport (British) • One Passport-size Photograph • Birth Certificate (Original) • Driving Licence (Original)

6. Proof of Relationship

Please advise if these docoments are sufficient. I haven't got photos but can include them.
Hi Captain,

yes I think these documents should be enough, but i am going to carry some pictures with me (engagement, wedding etc.). I think you should get some photos if possible.

1. I am just wondering if you are including any housing inspection report or not?

2. when is your appointment??

Regard's

KA

747captain
Newly Registered

Re: Similar application help please

Post by 747captain » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:06 pm

Oxford wrote:
747captain wrote:Hi guys I've got an appointment for flr(m) and have similar list for the application. list of documents that I am going to carry with me to Croydon PEO are:

3. Finances

4. Accommodation

5. Spouse Documents

6. Proof of Relationship

Hi Captain,

yes I think these documents should be enough, but i am going to carry some pictures with me (engagement, wedding etc.). I think you should get some photos if possible.

1. I am just wondering if you are including any housing inspection report or not?

2. when is your appointment??

Regard's

KA
Appointments on Thursday. And no haven't got housing inspection reports, are they necessary?