ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

time spent in netherlands

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tzindaro
Newly Registered

time spent in netherlands

Post by tzindaro » Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:14 pm

I have been in a relationship with a Dutch citizen for the past four years, out of which I have spent slightly less than two years total living at her home in the Netherlands while visiting the country as a tourist. I had to keep traveling back and forth for business reasons, so we never registered the fact that I was living there part-time with the authorities. Now I am ready to move to the Netherlands full-time. Does the time I spent there as a tourist, but actually living with a Dutch citizen count towards the time required to qualify for Dutch citizenship or does the clock only start ticking on that after we register the fact that I am living there? I do have proof that I spent almost two out of the past four years at her address.

gani999

Post by gani999 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:29 am

No, the time you were living there as a tourist does not count. The clock starts ticking after you register with the local geeemente as a legal, long term resident.