ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Regarding the lost indian passport and u.k visa

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ahmed1139
Newly Registered

Regarding the lost indian passport and u.k visa

Post by ahmed1139 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Hi,

I am currently residing in u.k with work permit tier 2 visa, under the Indian passport.
I had lost my indian passport in u.k and i had re-applied it in indian embassy.

Once i get my new indian passport, is the replacement visa necessary for me to return to india ?
Is it possible to return to india, without having the u.k visa in the new passport ?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 10, 2012 12:32 am

If you are comming back to the UK, then before you go, you should transfer your visa/leave from your missing passport to your new passport.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ahmed1139
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1139 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:07 pm

vinny wrote:If you are comming back to the UK, then before you go, you should transfer your visa/leave from your missing passport to your new passport.
So if it is just for returning back to india, then only passport is sufficient ?

mat909in
Newly Registered

Post by mat909in » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:02 pm

if you want to come back to uk then you will have to sort the transfer of visa in UK otherwise its not an issue - may be you will have issues at the airport

ahmed1139
Newly Registered

Post by ahmed1139 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:27 pm

mat909in wrote:if you want to come back to uk then you will have to sort the transfer of visa in UK otherwise its not an issue - may be you will have issues at the airport
So there may be issues at the airport authorities while return, so it is always better to have the old visa transferred to the new passport ?