ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help required

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tejtadinada
Newly Registered

Urgent help required

Post by tejtadinada » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:50 am

I did my msc in middlesex university and i got my degree.On feb 29th when my visa was due to expire i applied for PSW in post.On thursday i.e (8.03.12) i had a bad news from India that my father passed away.On friday morning i called the home office to withdraw my application but due to my bad luck they told that it will take upto five days to track and return my passport.So i thought its no point to withdraw as i would not reach on time for my father's funeral.Can any one please suggest me.

Are there any chances to speed up the perocessing of the application as till date my biometrics is also due.Please do advice and help me as i am desperate to go to India as early as possible to take care of my family. Or is there any chance to convert postal applicaton to Same day? Please advice.

tejtadinada
Newly Registered

Re: Urgent help required

Post by tejtadinada » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:52 am

[quote="tejtadinada"]I did my msc in middlesex university and i got my degree.On feb 29th when my visa was due to expire i applied for PSW in post.On thursday i.e (8.03.12) i had a bad news from India that my father passed away.On friday morning i called the home office to withdraw my application but due to my bad luck they told that it will take upto five days to track and return my passport.So i thought its no point to withdraw as i would not reach on time for my father's funeral.Can any one please suggest me.

Are there any chances to speed up the perocessing of the application as till date my biometrics is also due.Please do advice and help me as i am desperate to go to India as early as possible to take care of my family. Or is there any chance to convert postal applicaton to Same day? Please advice.[/quote]

RandomPasserby
Newly Registered

Post by RandomPasserby » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:01 am

You can't switch to the in-person method after you've already applied by post. Also the processing times seem to show a 3-4 week wait between giving your biometric details and getting your documents back. If you need to go to India that badly, you can still ask them to return your passport and go home after 5 days.