ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Exact Date for ILR App Help Required Please !!!!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Smam

Exact Date for ILR App Help Required Please !!!!

Post by Smam » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:23 am

Hi

I came to UK as a student in 2003 and then later on I got my WP on the 10 Sep 2007 which is some how valid till 10 Sep 2013 I have checked the expiry date Million times and still gets confused that why its like that for 6 years instead of 5 years.

My Query is that my 28 days are going to start from 13th Aug 2012 is that correct which means that I can apply for my ILR application any day after 13th Aug 2012.

Many thanks and waiting for the useful replies.

krthk.s

Post by krthk.s » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:53 pm

Smam, At the time of applying for WP did you have a year's validity left on your previous visa or Post study visa?

I have a friend who had a year left on his PSW visa and applied for Tier 1. He was granted 4 years Tier 1 (3 years + 1 year left over from previous visa).

So I wouldn't worry much about having a 6 year valid visa, I would consider myself lucky.

yes, you would be eligible for ILR 28 days before 10 Sep 2012 which is on or after 13 Aug 2012. Good luck.

Smam

Post by Smam » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:20 pm

Hi krthk.s

Many thanks for your kind and prompt reply.

Yes I did have 8 months of Visa left and my status was transfered to WP from Post study.

Thanks a million for your kind reply and your kind wishes for me.