ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding tax plz help????

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali83

Query regarding tax plz help????

Post by ali83 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:27 pm

I got tier1 with jobs (paying tax from jobs) and showed self employed on comission based in abroad but my statement and transaction from this country,bt i didnt pay tax on my first year even when i submitted first tier1 application???They did Not send me any query on tax??bt nxt year i got extension so my question is do i need to pay tax wen submit my application for tier1 extension (without tax )return or somedng else guide me realy appreciate ur efforts
Thx in advance...

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:11 am

Tax evasion is a serious crime in any country. If UKBA finds this during the checks conducted for Tier 1 extension, your extension might be in jeopardy.

Were you paying tax in the country where your earnings are from?
Give me more Karma (+)

ali83

Thx for reply bt u mean...Plz reply need help

Post by ali83 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:58 am

Bt my question y dey didnt send any query during my tier1 first tym application,
Bt if i will show n pay tax for my dis year wht u reckon dey gonna create any query or not???

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:04 pm

What do you mean by sending query? It's your responsibility to pay tax and not UKBA's responsibility to inform you about your payment.

By not paying the tax, you are putting your Tier 1 extension at risk.

You didn't answer my question: Were you paying tax in the country where your earnings are from? Or did you just earn the money working in other countries but you were paid in UK?
Give me more Karma (+)

ali83

Thx for reply bt..

Post by ali83 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:55 pm

Yeah i paid taxes in other coutries where i earned bt my payments were transferd into here my uk accounts so dts my question i mean paid taxes dere in oder country where i earned bt payments were transfered here into my uk accounts
So now plz guide me now dey gonna create any query on my extension or not???
Thx in advance

ali83

Need help!!!plz help need guidance!!!!

Post by ali83 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:52 am

Need help plz guide me!!!Regarding my tax query plz

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:09 am

You've paid taxes in other countries and then you transferred the money into your UK account? I don't understand the logic of doing that because you could always leave that amount in your bank account outside the country if you are not paying tax in UK.

You can extend based on the earnings abroad, given that you get the necessary points based on the earnings without any uplift ratio. If you get the necessary points, get an accountant to prepare the income and tax statements for the earnings. You would also have to write a cover letter explaining that you earned 'x' amount abroad and paid 'y' tax in 'z' country.

**Better contact an accountant at the earliest.
Give me more Karma (+)

ali83

thx for guidance...query regarding qualification

Post by ali83 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:55 pm

Do we need to send a original qualification documents for extension??or photocopy dey gonna accept cause i alrdy got qualification points on my first application
thx in advance

shahjee11

Re: thx for guidance...query regarding qualification

Post by shahjee11 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:31 pm

ali83 wrote:Do we need to send a original qualification documents for extension??or photocopy dey gonna accept cause i alrdy got qualification points on my first application
thx in advance
Have you ever bothered to read the policy guidance notes???????

It tells you clearly that if you have provided the evidence for your qualification in your initial grant then you dont need to re submit original or copies.

silverline

Re: Thx for reply bt..

Post by silverline » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:28 am

ali83 wrote:Yeah i paid taxes in other coutries where i earned bt my payments were transferd into here my uk accounts so dts my question i mean paid taxes dere in oder country where i earned bt payments were transfered here into my uk accounts
So now plz guide me now dey gonna create any query on my extension or not???
Thx in advance
If you UK has tax treaty with that X or Y country for your class of income then you might not have to pay any tax in the UK. Having said that, pls be advised that Offshore income is a delicate matter and require proper tax advice. Wouldn't suggest you to rely on advice on online forums.

UKBA would think twice before granting earning points because It's hard to prove that it's an genuine income not just transfer of funds. What services did you provide against those overseas payments as you would have been in the UK

REGISTRATION

Tax evasion

Post by REGISTRATION » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:44 am

It is crime true
Last edited by REGISTRATION on Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

QuickSam
BANNED

Re: Tax evasion

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:31 pm

REGISTRATION wrote:It is crime true

but back in April 2011 (last batch of tier 1), ppl very easily applied and got tier 1 visa by using transactions within bank accounts. didnt paid taxes at all or very little (by showing losses next year)

I dont know how they can make it, nobody checks at UKBA regarding how much tax someone is paying,

I think the only requirement is to submit the incorporation certificate and tax certificate not the actual tax paid docs.

is it that easy???
The case worker can ask you for Tax documents in case this is not clear from the documents that you've provided.
Give me more Karma (+)