ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent Extension and Biometric - little complex

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anandpathak

Tier 1 Dependent Extension and Biometric - little complex

Post by anandpathak » Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:43 pm

Hello Experts ,
I have few queries related to Tier 1 Dependent extension.
My situation looks a little complex as there are combination of type of Applicants.
I am on Tier 1 general Visa in UK from Oct 2010 and My family joined me in May 2011 . My Visa ( along with my dependents , Wife +1 Kid) was due to expire in June 2012. I got ONLY my Visa extended for next 3 years in Nov2011 itself and now planning to apply for extension of my dependents.
The number of dependents would be three , My Wife , My kid - For extension and My new born kid ( born inside UK) for whom it would be first application.
My queries:
1. Is the form for Tier 1 Dependent extension ( In country) and Tier 1 Dependent first time ( for my UK born baby ) is same?
2. My Two kids are less than 3 years of Age the Youngest one is just a Month old . Do they also need Biometrics ?
3. I understand I Need to fill three dependent application and Put it in the same envelope .My question , Should the payment be made with just single Cheque or I have to give 3 cheques?
4. For the dependent do I need to again Submit the Original / Photocopy of the Marriage and Birth certificate. I had already submitted the same during initial dependent application at Bangalore . I am fine with the submission of the Original Birth certificate for the UK born baby?
5. Do I need to provide proof Accommodation availability details ?
6.Will it be safe to assume that only Maintenance fund is required as the main applicant (me) have already approved extended Visa?

Looking forward to your inputs on this
Cheers
Anand
P.S : I have plans to apply by Post and hope to get Visa in two months . I hope I am not expecting much from UKBA who charges exorbitant fee for Tier 1 visa processing :)

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Extension and Biometric - little comple

Post by UKBALoveStory » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:10 pm

anandpathak wrote:Hello Experts ,
My situation looks a little complex as there are combination of type of Applicants.
I am on Tier 1 general Visa in UK from Oct 2010 and My family joined me in May 2011 . My Visa ( along with my dependents , Wife +1 Kid) was due to expire in June 2012. I got ONLY my Visa extended for next 3 years in Nov2011 itself and now planning to apply for extension of my dependents.
The number of dependents would be three , My Wife , My kid - For extension and My new born kid ( born inside UK) for whom it would be first application.
My queries:
1. Is the form for Tier 1 Dependent extension ( In country) and Tier 1 Dependent first time ( for my UK born baby ) is same? YES
2. My Two kids are less than 3 years of Age the Youngest one is just a Month old . Do they also need Biometrics ? NO
3. I understand I Need to fill three dependent application and Put it in the same envelope .My question , Should the payment be made with just single Cheque or I have to give 3 cheques? Whatever you like, single or 3 both should be ok
4. For the dependent do I need to again Submit the Original / Photocopy of the Marriage and Birth certificate. I had already submitted the same during initial dependent application at Bangalore . I am fine with the submission of the Original Birth certificate for the UK born baby? Submit the birth certificate.
6.Will it be safe to assume that only Maintenance fund is required as the main applicant (me) have already approved extended Visa? what do you mean? You need to show Maintenance funds for all your dependent

Cheers
Anand
P.S : I have plans to apply by Post and hope to get Visa in two months . I hope I am not expecting much from UKBA who charges exorbitant fee for Tier 1 visa processing :)

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:20 pm

tahirnaveed wrote:
My queries:
1. Is the form for Tier 1 Dependent extension ( In country) and Tier 1 Dependent first time ( for my UK born baby ) is same? YES
2. My Two kids are less than 3 years of Age the Youngest one is just a Month old . Do they also need Biometrics ? NO
3. I understand I Need to fill three dependent application and Put it in the same envelope .My question , Should the payment be made with just single Cheque or I have to give 3 cheques? Whatever you like, single or 3 both should be ok
4. For the dependent do I need to again Submit the Original / Photocopy of the Marriage and Birth certificate. I had already submitted the same during initial dependent application at Bangalore . I am fine with the submission of the Original Birth certificate for the UK born baby? Submit the birth certificate.
6.Will it be safe to assume that only Maintenance fund is required as the main applicant (me) have already approved extended Visa? what do you mean? You need to show Maintenance funds for all your dependent

Cheers
Anand
Thanks Tahir for the response.
On your response for Kids Biometric , Can I conclude that I need NOT take my 3 years old and 1 month Old kid for Biometric Appointment ?

For Maintenance fund , I am maintaining 533X3 + 800 for being of safer side.
Is UK accommodation proof required ?
Seniors , your inputs on anythng above especially the Biometric will be higly appreciated
Cheers
Anand

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:05 am

anandpathak wrote:
tahirnaveed wrote:
My queries:

Cheers
Anand
On your response for Kids Biometric , Can I conclude that I need NOT take my 3 years old and 1 month Old kid for Biometric Appointment ?

Seniors , your inputs on anythng above especially the Biometric will be higly appreciated
Cheers
Anand
I am currently filling up the new application form for In-country Tier 1 Visa dependent form. I am little confused seeing the huge volume of the application form 50+ pages out of which many are not relevant to my application. I am applying only for my 3 dependents ( 2 extension and 1 UK born baby) I was wondering if :
1. I can submit all the THREE application in a sigle envelope and single cheque payment.
2. Include only 1 Copy of the MAIN applicant section ( thats my passport/Visa details) ?
3.Remove any section not relevant like " Representative section "

Please help me with your personal experience.

Cheers
Anand

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:17 am

anandpathak wrote:
anandpathak wrote:
tahirnaveed wrote:
My queries:

Cheers
Anand

Cheers
Anand
I am currently filling up the new application form for In-country Tier 1 Visa dependent form. I am little confused seeing the huge volume of the application form 50+ pages out of which many are not relevant to my application. I am applying only for my 3 dependents ( 2 extension and 1 UK born baby) I was wondering if :
1. I can submit all the THREE application in a sigle envelope and single cheque payment.
2. Include only 1 Copy of the MAIN applicant section ( thats my passport/Visa details) ?
3.Remove any section not relevant like " Representative section "

Please help me with your personal experience.

Cheers
Anand
1. Yes in one envelope. One cheque should be fine as long as you make this clear on each form.
2. No you must complete all sections of each form - each applicant is making his or her own application
3. No - don't take out any sections of the form.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:17 am

All immigrants (all including newborns) need to provide biometrics. As there is a need to track and count all legal immigrants just like animals in the wild.

1) Single envelope is what you need.
2) As you are submitting original passport, 1 should be enough but why take chances (include copies with all dependant applications)
3) You can remove Representative section, but that's again your choice.

**For children under 6 only photographs would be taken.
Give me more Karma (+)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:21 am

QuickSam wrote:All immigrants (all including newborns) need to provide biometrics. As there is a need to track and count all legal immigrants just like animals in the wild.

1) Single envelope is what you need.
2) As you are submitting original passport, 1 should be enough but why take chances (include copies with all dependant applications)
3) You can remove Representative section, but that's again your choice.

**For children under 6 only photographs would be taken.

One copy of the main applicant section is not enough. If you take out the main applicant section you will invalidate that application.

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:42 am

Main applicant section on the dependant application is mandatory and cannot be removed, this should already be clear.

What he meant / Or what I understood by main applicant section was a copy of main applicant's passport and visa.
Give me more Karma (+)

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:10 am

I understood the question differently - he said 'main applicant section' which I interpret to mean the section of the form since his question was about the length of the form and which sections he could take out.

anandpathak

Post by anandpathak » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:01 pm

Greenie wrote:I understood the question differently - he said 'main applicant section' which I interpret to mean the section of the form since his question was about the length of the form and which sections he could take out.
Thanks Greenie and Quicksam,

I actually meant removing the "Main applicant" section from the last two applications considering I intend to send the all the 3 application together and thinking about the environment :)

But as you folks have suggested and understanding the hostile UKBA now I have decided to print three copies of the 50+ page application form and repeat my ALL details. Along with the 3 application in single envelope , I would be including :
1. Photocopy of my my (main applicant) Passport and Visa and Biometric
2.Orginal Birth certificate of my UK born child
3. Original Marraige certificate ( Wonder why as already submitted during initial dependent application)
4.Original Birth certificate of my India born kid ( again Wonder why as already submitted during initial dependent application)
5. Original HSBC UK Bank statement ( received monthly by post at my residence) for 27the Nov to 15-March-2012) -- Common document and mention the same in all three application shoing minimum balance of about 3K GBP. ( Requirement should be 533X3+800)

Thanks for your inputs and I hope I would get the dependent visa in less that 2 months courtesy the super effecient and high "VAlued" home office.

Cheers
Anand .
P.S: I assume that I am Royal mail posting the application on 25th March 2012 , the home office will be kind enough to charge me only 550GBP per dependent application and not the 750GBP new rate application after 6th April . I dont think the Payment debit date matters in in-country application.