ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rules on Lost Life in UK Certificate - Guidance Notes

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

RoyalFlush

Rules on Lost Life in UK Certificate - Guidance Notes

Post by RoyalFlush » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:23 am

Hi All,

I've done the stupid and lost my Life in the UK pass notification letter. As my appointment for ILR is next week, I don't have time to do the test again.

I've heard read many posts on people that have lost their notification letter but heard no outcome. I would really like to hear if anyone has had their ILR approved/dismissed without the notificaiton letter and what their experience was.

I have recently come accross the guidance on KOL (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... iew=Binary) - an official document for case workers dated 22 Fed 2012, so very recent. Page 16 entitled "Evidence the applicant has passed the Life in the UK test" states as follows: "Test results are sent to the UK Border Agency electronically. This information is put onto Warehouse. You must check the applicant has passed the test on Warehouse. If an applicant cannot supply the letter because it has been lost, you can accept a Warehouse record as proof they have passed the test."

This being the case, can I trust that the case worker will allow me to get away without the certification.

Thank you and I hope this helps others as well.

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:17 pm

It seems that someone has had success without their certificate as per this post:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ccess+life

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:04 pm

Suggest, you take the printout from that link.
You might need to point that out to caseworker as many a times, they are not aware of their own rules and procedures.
Information and/or advice provided by me is of general nature and is not intended to substitute for informed professional legal or other professional advice.

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:09 am

thank you !!!