ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

lost life in uk test, settlement application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pieterkley83

lost life in uk test, settlement application

Post by pieterkley83 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:20 pm

hey guys.

ive officially lost my certificate.

home office says contact esol to get replacement certificate, esol says ask home office for replacement.

anybody lost the certificate before?

thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:36 am

read this

http://www.ergensharif.co.uk/NationalityUK.aspx

http://www.ergensharif.co.uk/LostLifeIn ... cates.aspx

Home Office should have an electronic copy of it.
the other alternate is to re-take it which is a farce. Contact Home Office again and pester them like shingles.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: lost life in uk test, settlement application

Post by Greenie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:21 am

pieterkley83 wrote:hey guys.

ive officially lost my certificate.

home office says contact esol to get replacement certificate, esol says ask home office for replacement.

anybody lost the certificate before?

thanks
have you taken the life in the UK test or an esol qualification? As you refer to both in your thread.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:37 am

If I were you, I would not take any chance and retake the test.

As per my understanding, if you lose the certificate, it can’t be reissued and you could be in serious trouble (no matter HO contains an electronic copy or not).

FunkMaster

Post by FunkMaster » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:14 pm

I agree, when I did my test, the lady said if you loose it, you need to re-take it.

Even though the HO office has an electronic copy, they want the original singed and dated from when you did the test.

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:32 pm

I passed my test in April last year and didn’t pay much attention at the time of entering details, and the guy at test centre put my nationality wrong (as my country of birth is different from my nationality).

I tried to convince them that if they could issue me a letter explaining the mistake but they simply refused it (as once the test is ended, it’s not in their hands anymore).

I didn’t want to take any chance and give HO another excuse to refuse my ILR, and simply booked the test again and passed it in 2 weeks time. (But with all details correct this time :) )

RoyalFlush

Post by RoyalFlush » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi pieterkley83,

What was the outcome? Did you sit the test again?

I have lost my certificate and dont have time to do the test again. It would be good to know what happened?

It seems that someone had success without their certificate:

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ccess+life

Thanks in advance