ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier1 Extension:Docs needed with dependent extn application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

NeerajS
Newly Registered

Tier1 Extension:Docs needed with dependent extn application

Post by NeerajS » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:17 pm

Hi All,

I got my initial Tier 1 Visa on 12May, 2009 along with my dependants (My wife and my daughter). I applied this application from within UK.(My dependent were staying with me as work permit dependent in UK at the time of initial tier 1 general visa application [PBS based]).

Now I am in the process of applying for the extension of my Tier 1 Visa this week as my current Tier 1 general visa is valid till 12 May,2012 and need few clarifications regarding below mentioned points.

1) What documents I need to submit to show that my dependent are staying with me. Please note that I had furnished my Marriage Certificate and my daughter's birth certificate at the time of my initial tier 1 dependant application along with their passport. Also my wife's passport has my name as her spouse.

2) My concern is that though they stay with me in UK, but my wife/daughter does not have any bank account or utility bill on her name so is it sufficient to furnish original Marriage Certificate / Birth certificate again with the application...? If this is not sufficient then what kind of other documents I can furnish to claim that they stay with me...I am really confused...:?

3) I am showing My bank account statement as an evidence for maintenance fund for my dependants. Is it mandatory to have bank account on my wife/daughter name and have the required fund in thier respective account ..?

Please give your valuable advice to address above mentioned points.

Regards,
Neeraj

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:52 pm

You should start a paper trail with your wife's name appearing on utility bills and bank accounts from the moment she arrives in the UK. Then keep them in a file for citizenship later as proof you have been together all that time.

aravindb4u

Post by aravindb4u » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:50 am

I am in the same situation now with no utility bills as our landlord pays for this.

But have council tax on both of our names. Is that sufficient??
Also my wife has NHS registered in our current address.
But need to request a letter from NHS? How to do this?

Is council tax bill from the point we were together sufficient while applying citizenship?

Thanks

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:10 pm

As long as you have one document it should be fine. You could also get a letter from the Landlord confirming you both live at the premises.