ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ilr dependant accmodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

krssubbu

ilr dependant accmodation

Post by krssubbu » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:28 pm

hello,

is apply for ilr dependant spouse visa, is studio flat considered suitable to sponser my wife and baby (is it considered overcowded for the 3 of us to live - myself, my wife and baby (5 months old by the time of applying)?)

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:39 pm

MAA14 Overcrowding
Residential housing

The Housing Act 1985 contains statutory definitions of overcrowding in residential housing. The ECO should bear in mind, as Pakistan 2004 UKAIT 000066 says, that adequacy of accommodation must be assessed on an individual basis. It is not enough to equate adequacy with overcrowding.

A house is considered to be overcrowded if 2 persons aged 10 years or more of opposite sexes, who are not living together as husband and wife, must sleep in the same room. The Act also details the maximum number of people allowed for a given number of rooms or a given room floor area.

Account is taken only of rooms with a floor area larger than 50 square feet and rooms of a type used either as a living room or bedroom.

Rooms such as Spam or bathrooms are excluded.

Under the Housing Act, the number of people sleeping in accommodation must not exceed the following:

Number of rooms Maximum number of people allowed
1 2
2 3
3 5
4 7.5
5 10
Each additional room in excess of 5 An additional 2 people

For the purpose of the Act:

a child under 1 does not count as a person.
a child aged 1-10 years counts as only half a person.

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:49 pm

so this is a studio flat (just 1 room) with seperate Spam and bathroom and the room is over 50 sq feet.

so i take it as 2 people can live (ad under <1 is not considered as a person)

am i correct ?

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:55 pm

I would submit an independent accommodation report and a letter from the landlord allowing your wife and child to live there. Make sure the accommodation report gives dimensions and add photos. Then you will be able to prove that your accommodation meets their requirements.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:49 pm

DieselD wrote:I would submit an independent accommodation report and a letter from the landlord allowing your wife and child to live there. Make sure the accommodation report gives dimensions and add photos. Then you will be able to prove that your accommodation meets their requirements.
Why have an expensive report done when it is not required in this case. The flat is highly unlikely to be overcrowded if only OP and his wife and baby are going to live there. They can all fit in one bedroom.

The OP would be better sending photographs of his flat with the measurements of each room along with his applicationand his tenancy agreement.

Housing report is only required where a large number of people are going to share one houseand there's a possibility of overcrowding.This does not apply in this case :wink:

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:03 pm

thanks for this as at this moment i cant afford on the housing report.

basically this house is my friends place and he is willing to give any letter i need and house inventory as well. i am planning to attach some pictures of the studio flat as well. hopefully this will be ok ? i mean i wont need a estate agent letter, right? bcos i wont be having one as this is privately rented through my friend

Thanks

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:56 am

if i rent a studi flat privately, is it a must i need a letter from estate agents?