ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

New passport with BRP card

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tonynz

New passport with BRP card

Post by tonynz » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi guys,

Do I need to carry both passports if I applied for a new passport since the issue of my BRP permit card?

Thanks!

shahjee11

Re: New passport with BRP card

Post by shahjee11 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:51 pm

tonynz wrote:Hi guys,

Do I need to carry both passports if I applied for a new passport since the issue of my BRP permit card?

Thanks!
Have you only "applied" or have you already got a new passport? if later is the case then yes you will have to provide both unless the old one is not available for specific reasons.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:49 pm

You dont need to carry old passports if they do not have any valid visas for the countries you are visiting of course
Manka

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:57 pm

Tier 1 (G) extension application form section C6 clearly asks to provide the old passport if it has been used for travel before or if it has any current leave associated with it.

I might be missing something here. If you are travelling then you dont have to carry your old passport. If you were sending your extension application then you will have to provide both.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:38 pm

shahjee11 wrote:Tier 1 (G) extension application form section C6 clearly asks to provide the old passport if it has been used for travel before or if it has any current leave associated with it.

I might be missing something here. If you are travelling then you dont have to carry your old passport. If you were sending your extension application then you will have to provide both. - HERE HERE
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...