ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Original documents

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

On_leave
Newly Registered

Original documents

Post by On_leave » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:51 am

Hi guys

I am applying for Teir-2 visa next week ( entry clearance). I got offer letter from my employer in soft copy ( pdf format). Now will home office consider this document as original copy, as I am gonna print it out and submit. I saw in guideline, documents must be original. But I am not sure such whether this type document will be original or will be regarded as copy.

I am sure my question is not about rules, but I have been hurted several times by HO in past, so just wanted to make sure everything is perfect this time. :D

Regards

koolguykvs

Post by koolguykvs » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:20 am

You dont need to submit any offer letter from your company. Please read the Tier 2 general policy guidance carefully.

On_leave
Newly Registered

Post by On_leave » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:21 pm

R you sure Kool guy?.. I can see we need job offer letter and sponsorship number in guidance. But in document check list they havent mentioned about submitting job offer letter. Bit confused now

On_leave
Newly Registered

Post by On_leave » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:27 pm

Can I have some more input on this plz?

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:45 pm

Your restricted COS is your employer offer..

I assume you are applying outside UK, Show us where its asking you to provide a contract letter?
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)

On_leave
Newly Registered

Post by On_leave » Fri Mar 09, 2012 6:27 pm

@ Maddona..if you go on page 1 Introduction of policy guideline.. in eligiblity it says ...' You must have a job offer and certificate and sponsorship from an organisation in the United kingdom'

On_leave
Newly Registered

Post by On_leave » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:23 pm

Can anyone one put more lights on this please?...Anyone who did applied entry clearance on teir-2 what was ur experience?

manci
Respected Guru

Post by manci » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:01 pm

The post by koolguykvs is correct, you don't need to submit a job offer letter with your application.

This is what is in the Introduction to the Tier 2 policy guidance:

You must have a job offer and a Certificate of Sponsorship from an organisation that is a licensed sponsor in the United Kingdom. You can only have a job offer if you will not be displacing a suitable settled worker. This means that employers cannot offer a job to a non-settled worker if it means that a suitable settled worker will be turned down for the job or
made redundant.

The fact that your sponsor and prospective employer assigned a CoS to you is a good enough proof to UKBA that you have been offered employment.

madona587
Member of Standing

Post by madona587 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:47 pm

On_leave wrote:@ Maddona..if you go on page 1 Introduction of policy guideline.. in eligiblity it says ...' You must have a job offer and certificate and sponsorship from an organisation in the United kingdom'
You don't need any letter. Like I said your RCOS is your job "offer"
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on :)