ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 dependant visa: application from Saudi Arabia

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Tier 2 dependant visa: application from Saudi Arabia

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:56 am

Hi,

I am a Pakistani national on Tier 2 General in the Uk and got married last month. My wife is from pakistan, currently residing in Saudi Arabia with her father who is working there. She will apply for dependant visa from Saudi Arabia. My questions are

1- what documents are required for proof of relationship, is marriage certificate (nikah nama) and its certified english translation enough? or something else is required?

2- is TB certificate required for the visa

3-how much is the processing time, any one from pakistan who applied from Saudi Arabia?

Thanks for sharing information/suggestions

Faisal

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:23 pm

If nikkah performed in Pakistan, than that must be endorsed/attested by respective union council
Khurram

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:28 pm

Khurram545 wrote:If nikkah performed in Pakistan, than that must be endorsed/attested by respective union council
Thanks Khurram,

Yes, it is endorsed and registered by the respective union council, but do I need the Nadra Marriage Registration Certificate? Gerrys in Pakistan say they are unable to advise if dependant is not applying from Pakistan.

Thanks again
Faisal

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:36 pm

Not sure about the Nadra , Gerrys tell me that it is required to endorsed from UC but for safe side I attested my nikkah nama's English translation from Foreign office.

Gerrys is most confusing help line in my life.. each time they tell new story to me. I got maintenance letter from my sponsor for my dependants but they are forcing me to provide two sets of bank statements.
Khurram

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:39 pm

have you arranged suitable Accommodation for your partner? Such a things not mentioned anywhere over UKBA website but Gerry asks to provide so
Khurram

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 12:43 pm

Khurram545 wrote:have you arranged suitable Accommodation for your partner? Such a things not mentioned anywhere over UKBA website but Gerry asks to provide so
Yes, as I am already in UK, I arranged the Tenancy agreement and property survey report (although its not a requirement for the visa)

faisa_mahjoor
Newly Registered

Post by faisa_mahjoor » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:30 pm

faisa_mahjoor wrote:
Khurram545 wrote:have you arranged suitable Accommodation for your partner? Such a things not mentioned anywhere over UKBA website but Gerry asks to provide so
Yes, as I am already in UK, I arranged the Tenancy agreement and property survey report (although its not a requirement for the visa)
One important question: Does the final exit necessary for getting dependant visa from Saudi Arabia or with exit/re-entry Saudi visa, one can get the UK visa?

Thanks again for guidance

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:36 pm

faisa_mahjoor wrote:
Hi,

Sorry to interrupt but ya my wife's visa was rejected the first time because ECO thought I don't have enough space to accommodate my wife. Although I was living in a 3 bedroom spacious house all alone single. I will advise do send photos of your house also if possible. I did the same second time with tenancy agreement and a letter from my landlord.

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:41 pm

faisa_mahjoor wrote:
faisa_mahjoor wrote:
One important question: Does the final exit necessary for getting dependant visa from Saudi Arabia or with exit/re-entry Saudi visa, one can get the UK visa?

Thanks again for guidance
I am in UK and I have to go to Ireland often for job related consignments.There was no problem and got the Irish visa easily. I don't think it matters if it is an exit or re entry visa. Though this is my thinking based on my own experience so you could check with Uk visa help line in Saudia.

doc44
- thin ice -

Post by doc44 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:47 pm

Khurram545 wrote:If nikkah performed in Pakistan, than that must be endorsed/attested by respective union council
Hi Khurram,

I have a question for you if you could advise. Thanks.

My wife is going to apply tier 2 dependent entry clearance from back home with my one year old daughter. She was with me for the last 2.5 years on work permit dependent visa. Now she is back and I have applied for tier 2 visa.

For my wife and daughter, do they need to show all the proofs again like

Marriage certificate, marriage photos, marriage invitation, mobile calls, cards, emails all that was sent the first time. Do we need to send all this again in spite of living together for last 2.5 years in UK.

Secondly my daughter is born here so what documents will be needed for her other than birth certificate. Will appreciate your advice. Thanks.

Khurram545
Member of Standing

Post by Khurram545 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:21 pm

Friends, I wish I could assist you

I am also a struggler , trying to bring my family here...

me and my wife have communication over Skype and we don't user mobile call to do so , giving them original email... seems very private

I am not sure about result if I dont not provide this kind of rubbish to them.
Khurram