ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

REGISTERING CHILD BORN OUTSIDE THE UK AS BC

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DEVONIAN

REGISTERING CHILD BORN OUTSIDE THE UK AS BC

Post by DEVONIAN » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:53 pm

I have a child who was born in Ireland at a time when any children born in the Island of Ireland automatically becomes Irish Citizen. The child and the rest of the family have since been living in the UK for close to a decade now. I have naturalised as a BC and my wife is about to submit her own BC application, having already obtained her ILR. However, we are quite unsure if my Irish born child can apply with her mum for BC. If so, under which Section of the 1981 British Nationality Act would should we submit the application?

Any advice/suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

vinny

Post by vinny » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:41 pm

3(1). However, why would Irish citizens want British citizenship?
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.