ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife's Dependent Visa, My Bank Statement mostly in Overdraft

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Wife's Dependent Visa, My Bank Statement mostly in Overdraft

Post by mobeenkhan » Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:37 pm

Hi all,
Well I guess the title gives a vague idea what my question will be related to ... hehehhe ... Please need quick help regarding this, here's the full detail,

Well I am working in the UK for the last almost 4 yrs, I have a salary of £22k a year, I am on a Tier 1 (General) - Migrant visa and got married about 2 years back. My wife was here with me for nearly a year on a visiting visa, now she has gone back and will be applying for a dependent visa under Tier 1 category. Well here are the details of my balances at the moment,
1) I have a savings account covering around £2100
2) My approx. salary after tax is around £1450
3) I have an approved Bank Overdraft limit of £2100
4) My overall Rental + Bills for a 1 bed flat is around £550 (Leaving behind £900 for other stuff)

So, well ... for the past few months, I have been constantly in Overdraft, reaching close to the border line of my overdraft limit, but as I am on a permanent job, every month I receive salary and account gets better but still remains in Negative. You might be thinking why don't I put my savings £2100 into my account to get out of overdraft, well the reason is, coz I have to show a maintenance fund of atleast £1,333 (£800 for myself + £533 for my wife as my dependent)

Well my question is, with a saving of £2100 plus a £22k/year salary, does the overdraft affect in any way on the decision of my wife's visa? Can it get refused on the clause that my account has been in negative for quite a long time ... or do they only check if the money is going in and out of the account ...

If yes, is there a work around to make the visa application more effective, like getting a letter from the bank stating that I have an approved Overdraft limit from the bank or such ... Please help, time is running out and I really need to apply quickly ... :(

Thanks in advance,
Take Care all :) ...

vignezh
United Kingdom

Post by vignezh » Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:53 pm

I dont think having an overdraft will affect your application as far as you have suffient funds in a different account for maintenance. Make sure you mention in a cover letter that they should consider the other account for your maintenance funds. No where in the guidance it talks about overdrafts.

This is just a personal opinion. Seniors can correct me if I am wrong.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:26 pm

Being Overdrawn on your bank account, does NOT affect your wife's dependent visa application.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Thanks vignezh and raxs1983, it's a relief to hear that ... and yes vignezh, I am attaching a covering letter stating that my savings is in a seperate account which I'm attaching too :D ...

holla007

Post by holla007 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:34 pm

Hi Mate,
i am in the same shoe here, but can i just ask you does your wife need to provide her own personal account too or just your account to show the required fund of £800 + £533 for both of you.

cheers
holla

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:05 am

Hey holla007,

As far as I've gone through with the policy guidance and requirements for the visa + asked the people who brought their wives to this country as dependents, well it is not must for your wife to have an account, since she is applying as a dependent of you, and you being the sponsor, basically you will have to show that you have enough funds to support yourself and her without any problem (That is why, according to UKBA, the maintainance funds are £800 for yourself + £533 for each dependent, totalling £1333)

If she has a bank account of her own, well it's always a plus ... Always rememeber, full fill all the requirements that they are looking for, after that, some additional documents to make your case stronger won't hurt :) ...

Well all the very best for your wife's visa ... Take Care

Cheers

john1000yahoo
Newly Registered

Post by john1000yahoo » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:49 pm

@mobeenkhan
have u got your visa?

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

@john1000yahoo

Post by mobeenkhan » Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:01 pm

Hi John,
Well I do have my visa, it's my wife's visa which I'm concerned for. Well now I have applied for her visa, all prayers to God that everything goes well :) ...

john1000yahoo
Newly Registered

Post by john1000yahoo » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:21 pm

@mobeenkhan

I did mean your wife's visa! :) Good luck! Please post here, on the day she gets her visa!

mobeenkhan
Pakistan

Post by mobeenkhan » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:13 pm

@john1000yahoo

Hi John,

Really sorry for posting so late, well my wife got her visa within 9 days of applying. She received her visa on the 3rd of April ... Thought I would let you know since you asked me about it. I am extremely sorry for letting you know so late as I got super busy with work ...

@All

Thank you all for your concerns and advice, hope you all enjoy life.

Take Care all :) :D

roz123
Newly Registered

dependant visa

Post by roz123 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:59 pm

mobeenkhan wrote:@john1000yahoo

Hi mobeen,

could you please let me know documents you have submitted for dependant visa, I also need t apply for my wife..please provide me details or direct where I can get all the information, form etc for dependant visa,..thanks

Hi John,

Really sorry for posting so late, well my wife got her visa within 9 days of applying. She received her visa on the 3rd of April ... Thought I would let you know since you asked me about it. I am extremely sorry for letting you know so late as I got super busy with work ...

@All

Thank you all for your concerns and advice, hope you all enjoy life.

Take Care all :) :D