ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tax credit application related help- urgent.

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

abed9631
Newly Registered

Tax credit application related help- urgent.

Post by abed9631 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:24 am

I've got ILR last month and now applying for Child TC. Question 1.8 of the form asks if i was 'subject to immigration control in last 3 months'. Technically I should say 'yes' but suspect that it would have unwanted implication on my claim. So how can I clarify to the tax office that now i'm not under immigration control and has legitimate right for such benifit. A letter confirming my detail+copy of the passport? Or will they ask for orginal copy? Anyone with experience of similar kind? Please help.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:12 am

You need to answer yes. They ask this question because tax credits can be backdated but only for three months however if you were subject to immigration control and therefore not entitled to tax credits during those three months they can't be backdated. Doesn't it ask on the form about your current immigration status?

abed9631
Newly Registered

Post by abed9631 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:23 am

Greenie wrote:Doesn't it ask on the form about your current immigration status?
I couldn't find any question like this on the form. Anyway, I'll tick 'yes' to 1.8 and enclose a letter+copy of passport to clarify the circumstances. Thanks for your reply.

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:17 pm

You are not required to submit any documents/ passport copies with the claim form. If they require anything, they will ask you. In your case, they will ask for the original passport to see the ILR anyways.