ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SoHopeful

Spouse visa queries

Post by SoHopeful » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:14 pm

My husband's door number is incorrect on the marriage certificate. Would it be a good idea to get this rectified or am i worrying about nothing? I assumed that it wasn't a big issue as people will move around, but as he has not moved and the address on the visa app will be almost identical, im wondering if the BHC will query it??

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:28 am

I would suggest to get it corrected if anyway possible, you would want to avoid any doubt of refusal.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

pazpatel
Member of Standing

Re: Typo on marriage cert

Post by pazpatel » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:57 pm

SoHopeful wrote:My husband's door number is incorrect on the marriage certificate. Would it be a good idea to get this rectified or am i worrying about nothing? I assumed that it wasn't a big issue as people will move around, but as he has not moved and the address on the visa app will be almost identical, im wondering if the BHC will query it??
We had a typo on my marriage certificate (India) we got it changed to be on the safe side just the town name was miss spelled. Do not give them a reason to reject,.......!
06/03/2012 - Submitted @ AHM (INDIA)
06/03/2012 - Sent to BHC
11/03/2012 - Under Process at BHC
13/06/2012 - VISA GRANTED!!!!!
2 Years on.....
02/09/2014 - Application SET (M) ILR sent (Postal)
09/09/2014 - Cheque presented to my bank

toogrown4dat

Re: Typo on marriage cert

Post by toogrown4dat » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:20 pm

SoHopeful wrote:My husband's door number is incorrect on the marriage certificate. Would it be a good idea to get this rectified or am i worrying about nothing? I assumed that it wasn't a big issue as people will move around, but as he has not moved and the address on the visa app will be almost identical, im wondering if the BHC will query it??
i dont think they will query it because our app has been submitted today and i out my husband as female rather than male and his mothers date of birth wrong and my husband said they didnt even query it. but just for your own piece of mind i would look into getting it changed

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:04 pm

Hi toogrown4dat

I think you are referring to the VFS staff, they provide merely a document checking service and nothing more then that. It is a good idea to keep things in order for the ECO to avoid any chance of confusion and doubt.

However since you have already submitted your application, nothing further can be done. I hope you guys get the VISA.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

toogrown4dat

Post by toogrown4dat » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:59 am

harv wrote:Hi toogrown4dat

I think you are referring to the VFS staff, they provide merely a document checking service and nothing more then that. It is a good idea to keep things in order for the ECO to avoid any chance of confusion and doubt.

However since you have already submitted your application, nothing further can be done. I hope you guys get the VISA.
im not worried about that anyway because we also provided everything to show that those two things were just a typo, we provided his mothers passport and all his documents obv state he is male

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:48 am

if you have covered this with an explanation for the ECO, then you should be fine if the ECO does not object it.
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

toogrown4dat

Post by toogrown4dat » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:52 am

no they didnt so thats why im feeling confident about it

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:33 pm

I think I will, to be on the safe side. Thanks guys.

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Thu May 17, 2012 4:17 pm

I may lose some of the evidence I had saved on my laptop for my husband's settlement application, because the laptop needs repairing. The evidence includes copies of bills from my old mobile network company showing calls when we first met. On another laptop I have screen shots of the call records from my old account. Would this be an acceptable replacement for actual mobile phone records?