ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

English Language Requirement.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pepa

English Language Requirement.

Post by pepa » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:49 pm

Hi

Me and my husband are almost set to apply for his visa.

Can anyone tell me the following! On a previous application that was refused :-( As well as his English Test Certificate he also signed a form to go with the Application, like a sub-form with with the UK Border Agency Logo at the top and it was just a confirmation that he meets the requirement and how and he had to sign it.

The lawyer we were using in Albania printed it off for us - does anyone know if you have to do it? and if you do were to print the form off!

Thanks

DieselD

Post by DieselD » Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:29 pm

When I submitted my visa at the application centre I was asked if I was non exempt from the English Language requirement. I answered yes and their form was ticked. I was then given a separate form to declare how I had passed the English requirements. I wrote down my certificate details ESOL at A1 level and signed the form.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:01 pm

Yes this is a standard thing I guess. This is only to declare your English Language requirements for the application. The VFS staff will provide you with this form and you just need to fill it on, its straight forward (exact copy of the language questions from the VISA form).
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

pepa

Post by pepa » Wed Mar 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Oh thanks for your replys! I just hoped I would of been able to get it to submit with the application like I did before - as my husband can speak it just cant write it very well!

Il see if the lawyer we used before can get it again for me!

Thanks for your replys :-)