ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Maintenance Funds When applied Separately

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eea_noneu

Dependent Maintenance Funds When applied Separately

Post by eea_noneu » Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:15 pm

Hi All,

For separate Tier 1 Dependent application - In country Main Applicant staying for over 12 months.

Is it GBP 533 only or GBP800 + GBP 533

My Tier 1 General Extension application (Main applicant) is under process.
GBP 1600 fund maintained since 10th Oct 2011 to 23 Jan 2012 after that GBP800 maintained tilldate, I applied for my extension while my wife is in India on 2nd Feb 2012 still didnt attended for my Bio-Metrics.

Now my wife came and want to apply for her as her leave expires on 26th March 2012.

Please advice?

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:40 pm

There are no joint applications in the PBS categories. Each individual application requires its own individual maintenance. So in your case, if the main PBS migrant is not applying and only the PBS dependant is applying, the requirement for maintenance rests solely with the dependant application at the prescribed amount according to the length of time you have spent in the UK.

eea_noneu

Post by eea_noneu » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:47 am

Hi Moderators,

Can you please share your thoughts on this. I am really worried now.

@Lucapooka - Thanks for responding.

Regards

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:26 pm

By any chance - are you saying that you have made 2 independent applications at different point in times? For the main app and the dependant? and both of them are in process?

-H

eea_noneu

Post by eea_noneu » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi hussainkothari,

My Current Tier 1 (Genreal) Visa valid untill 26th March 2012.

I sent My application ( Main Applicant) on 2nd Feb 2012. Ack Letter received. Waiting for Biometrics Letter. It is still with UKBA.
Maintance Funds account has GBP800.

Planning to apply for my wife as dependent before 26th March 2012, using same Maintenance Funds account.

Dont know what will happen. Please share your thoughts.

Any one has any idea on this , please share your views / thoughts. It really helps to plan to apply for my wife's dependent application.

Regards.

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Fri Mar 02, 2012 12:53 pm

You will not find this written anywhere. These are just my rational thoughts. You may get different opinions.

Since you have made two different applications in their own rights, you need to have two different maintenance funds for both. So ideally you cannot use the same maintenance funds for your wife.

The other problem i see is that the dependent visa is usually until the visa date of the main applicant. So I don't understand how will your wife's case be decided without having a resolution/reference of your case.

I think you have 2 options.

1. Send you wife back to your home country unless your case is decided first. Then apply for her.

2. Submit your wifes application any ways. Probably ukba may not realise or this may be allowed. In case they do and the application is rejected, you can always reapply!

-H

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:33 pm

hussainkothari wrote:Since you have made two different applications in their own rights, you need to have two different maintenance funds for both
Yes, that right. However, for the sake of clarification, you can use the same bank account to show both maintenance funds if the balance for the previous three months is equal to or more than the sum of the two individual sums that is required. To put the OP of his misery, as he has not seem to grasp how the system works, that amount for his circumstances (he has an outstanding application in addition to the new application by his dependant partner) would be 800 + 533 = 1333 or more. Otherwise, if he has been granted his leave and only the dependant is applying, the necessary sum is 533. It's not necessary to have 800 in addition to this if he is not making an application for himself.

karg_g

Post by karg_g » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi Lucapooka & All,

I am also in the same boat but with a slight twist. I have Tier 1(G) and so does my wife as my dependant. We had our baby back in India and need to apply for my child Tier 1(G) dependent visa ASAP. Do I just need to show maintenance fund for my baby only (either £1600 or £533)? this since I am applying visa only for my child. Kindly also refer to my detailed query in the link.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=607046

Please clarify in layman terms :D

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:26 am

Lucapooka wrote:
hussainkothari wrote:Since you have made two different applications in their own rights, you need to have two different maintenance funds for both
Yes, that right. However, for the sake of clarification, you can use the same bank account to show both maintenance funds if the balance for the previous three months is equal to or more than the sum of the two individual sums that is required. To put the OP of his misery, as he has not seem to grasp how the system works, that amount for his circumstances (he has an outstanding application in addition to the new application by his dependant partner) would be 800 + 533 = 1333 or more. Otherwise, if he has been granted his leave and only the dependant is applying, the necessary sum is 533. It's not necessary to have 800 in addition to this if he is not making an application for himself.
I applied from Pakistan in February 2011 for my wife and son ,while I was in UK. I maintained 800+533+533 for three months and my family got visa without any trouble.As far as I understand from the UKBA Guidance book that when you apply for a tier1 dependent visa,main applicant should also maintain 800 pounds in both ways ,applying separate or together ,inside UK or out side UK,should maintain 800 pounds plus with NO of dependants.the best way is to use main applicant bank statement instead dependant's bank statement.

I may be wrong but that what I understand from the Guidance book.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 am

razian97 wrote:As far as I understand from the UKBA Guidance book that when you apply for a tier1 dependent visa,main applicant should also maintain 800 pounds in both ways ,applying separate or together
Then you understanding is completely wrong.

razian97
United Kingdom

Post by razian97 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:34 am

Lucapooka wrote:
razian97 wrote:As far as I understand from the UKBA Guidance book that when you apply for a tier1 dependent visa,main applicant should also maintain 800 pounds in both ways ,applying separate or together
Then you understanding is completely wrong.
could you explain this please.

42. If the Tier 1 Migrant is outside the United Kingdom or has been present in the United Kingdom
for less than 12 months, each family member of the Tier 1 Migrant must show that he/she, the Tier
1 Migrant, or (for children) his/her other parent who is also legally present in the United Kingdom
has at least £1600 to support him/her; this is in addition to any funds the Tier 1 Migrant needs to
prove he/she has enough money to support himself/herself. Please note dependants of Tier 1
Investors do not need to satisfy the maintenance requirement.
43. If the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the United Kingdom for 12 months or more, each family
member of the Tier 1 Migrant must have £533 to support himself/herself.
44. For example, the Tier 1 Migrant has been in the UK for 6 months and is making an application
at the same time as his/her spouse and two children. He/she must show that he/she has £1600 for
his spouse and a further £1600 for each child, in addition to £800 required for his/her own support.
In total the family will require evidence that they hold £5600 in available funds (£1600 x 3 = £4800
+ £800).
45. If the same Tier 1 Migrant and his family had been present in the UK for two years, they would
require evidence that they held £2399 (£533 x 3 = £1599 + £800) in available funds.
46. If a family member applies separately from the Tier 1 Migrant, there must still be enough funds
to support each member of the family. Therefore in the example above, if the family has a third
child, the main applicant has been in the United Kingdom for two years and the family applies
for leave to remain for the third child separately, they must provide evidence that they have an
additional £533 in available funds.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:47 am

razian97 wrote: could you explain this please.
Not again; you'll have to search the forum rather than repeating a question that is asked and answered several times a day.