ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success SET(O) at Cardiff PEO - 13/03

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nimmy
Newly Registered

ILR success SET(O) at Cardiff PEO - 13/03

Post by nimmy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:45 pm

Hi All,

Thank you to all who contributed to this forum. I found the posts both informative and reassuring.

My application for ILR was approved at the Cardiff PEO on 13/03. Below is a write up of my experience.

Settlement route:
1. HSMP (April 2007)
2. Tier 1 (General) (March 2009)

Documents submitted:
1. Completed SET(O)
2. 1x current passport + 1x expired passport + photocopies
3. Life in the UK pass notification letter + photocopy
4. Proof of earnings - 8 mths payslips and corresponding bank statement + photocopies
5. Document detailing absences from the UK (178 days - all holidays)
6. HMRC employment history 2007 - 2011 + photocopy

The process:
My appointment was at 8:30am. I got there at 7:50am and was 3rd in the queue. Security let the group into the building at 8am and we went through the security checks one at a time.

Once the security checks were completed, we sat in the waiting area until we were called to the counter. I was called within 10 to 15 mins.

At the counter I was asked to show my application, photos and passport. The lady on the other side of the counter was professional, friendly and quick/efficient. She checked that I had filled in the payment details, that I signed the form and that I provided recent photos. She then asked for all my additional information, which I handed to her in a binder. She checked what additional material I was submitting. Throughout this process, she was ticking and making notes on a separate form. This took about 10 mins.

Once this was completed, she explained that my application would be assessed by a case worker and that it would take 2 to 3 hours. She asked me to take a seat in the waiting area until someone called me to do my biometrics - finger prints and photo.

I sat in the waiting room and chatted with other applicants for 10mins before I was called. Another lady led me inside and took my finger prints and my photo. She was absolutely brilliant - she chatted about the rugby and gave me pamphlets, maps and tourist guides for things to do in Cardiff while I waited for my application to get processed. This process took about 10 mins.

I wondered Cardiff, a beautiful city, for 2 hours before I got the call to return.

Back at the PEO, I had to go through the security checks a second time. I went to a counter when one became free and stated that I had received a call to return. The lady - the one from before - took my name and asked me to take a seat. She said that my caseworker will come and get me.

My caseworker called me after about 15mins. She called me to a counter and told me that my application had been approved and that I would get my Biometric Residents Card in 5 to 10 working days. She returned all my docs including my passports.

That was the entire process.

Some details:
1. Why only 8mths of payslips? I was unemployed for a period so I was only able to provide 8mths of payslips.
2. Why HMRC employment history? I was not organised enough to file my P60s.
3. For my latest bank statement I got a 'temporary' statement from HSBC. This is essentially a printout on their letter head. There was no stamp or signature. I did not have any trouble with this.
4. I only counted full days outside of the UK - i.e. I did not count the days that I left or returned to the UK
5. Why Cardiff? I couldn't get an appointment in Croyden
6. Payment was taken by the PEO using the information I filled in the form. I did not have to go to a separate counter or use my keycard.
7. I would recommend an early appointment
8. I would recommend the Cardiff PEO

Good luck with your applications!

linkers
Respected Guru

Post by linkers » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Congrats nimmy and thanks for sharing your success story.

yvr_1978
Newly Registered

Post by yvr_1978 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:45 pm

Congrats nimmy!.
Can you please tell your Entry clearance date and UK entry date.
That will help people who have gap between Entry clearance and UK entry.

Thanks in advance.
YVR

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:10 pm

Hi Nimmy

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on getting your ILR.

One of my friend and I went to the Cardiff PEO back in May 2010 for his ILR. Its very small as compared to any other PEOs in UK. We found the process was pretty much the same back at that time as well, less stress full experience I believe as compared to any other PEOs that's what my friend told me personally.

I just wanted to know that how many days earlier you have booked an appointment for Cardiff PEO.

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience on the forum.

Good luck for the future and waiting for your reply.

sunil.suneel
Member of Standing

Post by sunil.suneel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:22 pm

Congrats nimmy !

nimmy
Newly Registered

Post by nimmy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:18 pm

My HSMP was valid from 15/03/2007. I entered the UK on 18/03/2007.

I booked my appointment 4 weeks in advance. I basically took the first free appointment I found. I initially searched at Croydon and Soihull based on comments on this board but widened my search to Cardiff when I couldn't find any slots.