ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying early Tier 1 extension, fell short for ILR???

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ferryahmed82

applying early Tier 1 extension, fell short for ILR???

Post by ferryahmed82 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:00 pm

My tier 1 visa is expiring on 20th May 2012, so initially I was planning to apply for extension near about April 15-20, 2012.

But since the fee is increasing from 6th April, I was thinking to apply early about April 1-2, 2012, which is almost 48 days before my leave expires.

I am worried about the fact, that if i apply on April 1st or 2nd, then my visa will be extended from 20th May onwards or on the day of approval of my aplication, which could be before 20th May. I dont wana fell short of x number of days for my 5 years period for ILR.

Now a days, biometric letter comes near about 4-5 weeks after the application and again after submission of biometric it takes around 2-3 weeks, so I think it would be near my visa expiry, but still scared what if they stamp from any number of days before my visa expiry.

Anyone who has applied more than 28 days before, and got the visa extended from the date of their expiry??

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: applying early Tier 1 extension, fell short for ILR???

Post by rakeysh.patel » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:03 pm

According to the current rule, you have 3 months window for your ILR.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

shahjee11

Post by shahjee11 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:52 pm

based on the information provided by other members on this forum, it seems like UKBA are currently taking between 8 to 12 weeks for a straight forward postal application where biometrics are provided soon. In my opinion, you may apply in the first week of april to avoid new fees. You may pay the fee by cheque which nomally takes a week to be cleared. Then when it comes to biometrics, you can book it in a PEO for a later date to cover the period you may miss in case your leave is granted from an earlier date. I think postal application will be the best option in your case

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:36 am

raxs1983 wrote:According to the current rule, you have 3 months window for your ILR.
Is it not for those who got their initial Tier 1 outside UK?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:37 am

ferryahmed82 wrote:
raxs1983 wrote:According to the current rule, you have 3 months window for your ILR.
Can you be more specific? Are you applying from outside the UK?
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

ferryahmed82

Post by ferryahmed82 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:27 pm

raxs1983 wrote:
ferryahmed82 wrote:
Can you be more specific? Are you applying from outside the UK?
No, I am applying from inside UK, was just wondering that 90 dys rule was only for those applicants who got their initial Tier 1 when they were not in UK, and they need to come to UK within 3 months?

I was in the UK when I first got Tier 1 in 2009. So, the same 90 days duration is for me as well?