ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

About to apply for visa for my wife in Egypt

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

PrinceEgypt
Newly Registered

About to apply for visa for my wife in Egypt

Post by PrinceEgypt » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:26 pm

Hi

I am a British national aged 32. I got engaged and married (July 2011) to my step-father's niece in Cairo (so we are not blood related).

I just dont know where to get help and I was wondering if anyone was kind enough to help me. My questions are...

1. I am on Working Tax Credit (£86 per week) as my salary is only £12,000p.a. Does this mean that I cannot apply for a visa for my wife as I am claiming public funds?

2. I am also on Disability Allowance lower rate (£78 per month) as I have a disability. Does this also effect my application

3. As rent is not cheap nowadays, I will be moving into my fathers council flat, but also contributing towards the rent - so there is accomodation available. Is this going to affect the application?

4. Who do I need to contact about the English test that I have been informed that she has to pass?...I dont know where to begin or where to look. Is the test automatically given to her when we apply for the visa?

All this would be so much help if I could get answers.

Best Wishes

Nabil.

shaz111

Post by shaz111 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:54 pm

i dont think working tax credit is a benefit, but i am sure one of the moderators will correct me if i am wrong

British council in Agouza is best place for test, but u need to book now next test is 19th may
Submitted application - Cairo 10th oct 2011
Refused - 12th jan 2012
resubmitted - 26th jun 2012
refused again - 14th oct 2012
appeal lodged - 28th oct 2012
date given - 3rd april 2013
court 15th july
UKBA withdrawn 12th july
still waiting for visa

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:55 am

You're entitled to claim WTC + DLA without it affecting your application.
However, you'll need written permission from the council as the landlords for you and your wife to live in the accommodation. Also submit evidence that the flat won't be overcrowded.

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:58 am

Hi

1) Tax credits are not classed as benefits in the VISA specifications

2) Disability Allowance maybe a problem as these are classed are benefits if I am not mistaken
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:11 am

harv wrote:Hi

1) Tax credits are not classed as benefits in the VISA specifications

2) Disability Allowance maybe a problem as these are classed are benefits if I am not mistaken
both tax credits and DLA are public funds, but the OP is British and therefore entitled to claim these.