ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I apply as soon as my wife's naturalisation is approved?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kingcedz
Newly Registered

Can I apply as soon as my wife's naturalisation is approved?

Post by kingcedz » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:39 pm

My wife's naturalisation is in the progress at the moment. Does anyone know if I can apply for naturalisation myself, as soon as my wife attended the citizenship ceremony? i.e. if my wife attended citizenship ceremony on day 1, can i apply on the basis of marriage to a british citizen on day 2?

I could wait for my own "1yr after ILR" also, but i just thought it can save us a good few months.

does anyone know?

reda
Member of Standing

Re: Can I apply as soon as my wife's naturalisation is appro

Post by reda » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:17 pm

kingcedz wrote:My wife's naturalisation is in the progress at the moment. Does anyone know if I can apply for naturalisation myself, as soon as my wife attended the citizenship ceremony? i.e. if my wife attended citizenship ceremony on day 1, can i apply on the basis of marriage to a british citizen on day 2?

I could wait for my own "1yr after ILR" also, but i just thought it can save us a good few months.

does anyone know?
yes.

DEVONIAN

Post by DEVONIAN » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:16 pm

kingcedz wrote:My wife's naturalisation is in the progress at the moment. Does anyone know if I can apply for naturalisation myself, as soon as my wife attended the citizenship ceremony? i.e. if my wife attended citizenship ceremony on day 1, can i apply on the basis of marriage to a british citizen on day 2?

does anyone know?
As far as I know, this is only if you have already met the residency requirements. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/

Jambo
Respected Guru

Post by Jambo » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:13 pm

DEVONIAN wrote:

does anyone know?
As far as I know, this is only if you have already met the residency requirements. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... uirements/
True although the link you provided is for the standard requirements. In this case he will be married to a BC and can meet the spouse requirements.