ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR approved - 13-03-2012 - Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hass

ILR approved - 13-03-2012 - Croydon PEO

Post by hass » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:39 pm

Hi,

First of all thanks to all who contributed on this forum to share their experiences and providing advice.

I got my ILR confirmation yesterday 13th March 2012.

My Case Details:

HSMP JR - 5 years

Appointment : 1pm

Reached 12.15pm

Security checks done, then long queues before getting the token - reason only one window open, waited for approx 30 mins.

After token advised to go 1st floor. I was with kids so waited to be accompanied on the lift. (you cannot use lift without UKBA staff)

Next at the payment counter - payment done and was told to go in the waiting area in the middle.

After 15 mins Token called - was asked for the passports/application form and photos. Then told to wait at the far end of the hall near bio metrics room.

After 5 mins Token called for biometrics, bio metrics done, then told to go back and wait in the middle part of the waiting area.

After 20 mins token called and was asked to handover the form/passports/photos/supporting documents. Again told the case will take approx 2 hours so if I want to go out but come back before 4 o clock, as they wont let us in after 4pm.

We went to whitcard centre to buy food for kids as the canteen was closed, came back to peo at approx 3.45pm.

Approx 5 o clock token called and was handed over a piece of paper with confirmation of approval and was told biometric card will be delivered in 7 working days.

My experience - overall good - you get results the same day

I included all the standard documents that have been listed on this forum.

Again thanks to every one, please ask if I can help your questions.

Please somebody could guide me to the right thread for things I need to do after my ILR

Regards

Best of Luck with your ILR applications.

hass

Post by hass » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:46 pm

Another good experience:

** On 1st floor there is a prayer room is provided with ablution facility as well.

**At the customer service window you can ask for colouring pages and crayons for the kids (only for kids above 36months).

Smam

Post by Smam » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:54 pm

Hi Hass,

Lots and lots of heartiest congratulations on your big success.

And special thanks for your kind guidelines for the prayer room. That's wonderfull.

Just wanted to know if you kindly tell me that how many days earlier you've booked the appointment and how did you booked it I mean did you booked it online or over the phone. What are the questions they ask from you when booking your appointment.

Thanking you in anticipation and waiting for your reply.

Very good luck to you for the future.

hass

Post by hass » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:06 pm

Hi Smam,

I booked online just 3 days before... you can find suitable appointment before 48-72hours as lots of appointments get cancelled.

In my personal experience, I kept checking ( I asked my wife to check every hour :lol: ), there were many similar appointments available.