ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

processing times ...again!

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eternities
Newly Registered

processing times ...again!

Post by eternities » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:17 pm

Hi,

I hope somebody can help me. I got my
acc. letter on 1st feb and it took them almost 6 weeks to invite me to take my biometrics. I finally did it (in a post office) on 13th march (yesterday).

I have 2 questions:

1) do they start processing the application when we pay or do they wait until we give biometrics? It seems absurd that I had to wait for almost 6 weeks to give my biometrics and then they start dealing with my application!

2) I have booked a flight for abroad for 6th april back in January. Is there any chance I ll get my passport by that time or I lost a lot of money?

Many thanks

bobobo

Re: processing times ...again!

Post by bobobo » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:09 pm

eternities wrote:Hi,

acc. letter on 1st feb and it took them almost 6 weeks to invite me to take my biometrics. I finally did it (in a post office) on 13th march (yesterday).

I have 2 questions:

1) do they start processing the application when we pay or do they wait until we give biometrics? It seems absurd that I had to wait for almost 6 weeks to give my biometrics and then they start dealing with my application!
The application is processed and if all is in order then the HO asks you to enrol the Biometrics, they then finalise the application. if docs are missing they reject the application as invalid
2) I have booked a flight for abroad for 6th april back in January. Is there any chance I ll get my passport by that time or I lost a lot of money?
HO advise never to make urgent travel plans for a reason...If you had to travel then you should have opted for the premium service. The volumes of applications must have gone up, since the scheme is soon coming to an end.
Many thanks

eternities
Newly Registered

Re: processing times ...again!

Post by eternities » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:46 pm

bobobo wrote:
eternities wrote:Hi,

I have 2 questions:

The application is processed and if all is in order then the HO asks you to enrol the Biometrics, they then finalise the application. if docs are missing they reject the application as invalid
HO advise never to make urgent travel plans for a reason...If you had to travel then you should have opted for the premium service. The volumes of applications must have gone up, since the scheme is soon coming to an end.
Many thanks

thanks.

1, what does "finalise the application" mean? so application is practically ok-ed by HO and then they wait for biometrics just to confirm everything?

2. I know I shouldn't make travel plans, but I think it was reasonable to assume that if had sent the application on 30th January that I will have my passport back by 6th April......

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:54 pm

The UKBA do not send the biometrics letter when 'everything is in order'. They request the biometrics letter once the application has been checked for validity, i.e. correct form, signed, mandatory sections completed, correct photographs, payment has cleared. It would be unusual for an application to be rejected as invalid once the biometric letter has been sent out, unless the reason for the invalidity is failure to enrol biometrics.

However it is only after you have given biometrics that they substantively consider the application (i.e. check to see whether you meet the rules). They would not reject an application as invalid if for example the bank statements were missing or did not show funds for the relevant period, instead the application would be refused.

Nefertiiti
American Samoa

Post by Nefertiiti » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:46 pm

Greenie wrote:The UKBA do not send the biometrics letter when 'everything is in order'. They request the biometrics letter once the application has been checked for validity, i.e. correct form, signed, mandatory sections completed, correct photographs, payment has cleared. It would be unusual for an application to be rejected as invalid once the biometric letter has been sent out, unless the reason for the invalidity is failure to enrol biometrics.

However it is only after you have given biometrics that they substantively consider the application (i.e. check to see whether you meet the rules). They would not reject an application as invalid if for example the bank statements were missing or did not show funds for the relevant period, instead the application would be refused.
Hi, how does anyone know for sure what stage your application is in when you're asked to enrol your biometric info? Unless someone on this forum works for the UKBA then I think we can all only speak from personal experience and rely on the website to try to understand what the standards are. Until an application has been returned I don't think anyone can really know if it's okay. Even after that how do we know it was after the biometric enrolment and not before that the case was decided on. Or that this is exactly the same for all cases.
Nefertiiti

jjavaid
Newly Registered

Have not as yet received my Biometric Letter

Post by jjavaid » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Hi -

I applied for PSW on the 18th of Jan and received an acc. letter on the 23rd of Jan. Since then I still haven't received my Biometric Letter.

I called them on the 29th of Feb and after confirming all my details they said that they sent it out to the wrong address and will now request a new one to be sent out to the correct address. Also advised that it will take 7 - 10 Working Days for me to receive it.

However I still haven't received anything as yet. I called them last week as well on the 9th of March and the person I spoke with said that he can see that a letter was requested on the 1st of March however he isn't able to see a record of one being sent out.

He put me on hold and came back after a while and said that he has chased it up, if I haven't received it next week I should call them again. Today is the 14th of March and I still haven't received it.

Can anyone please offer some advice as to what is the best way of dealing with this situation?

Thanks!

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:00 am

Greenie what would you class "once the application has been checked for validity, i.e. correct form, signed, mandatory sections completed, correct photographs, payment has cleared." as , well I classify that as everything being in Order.
Greenie wrote:The UKBA do not send the biometrics letter when 'everything is in order'. They request the biometrics letter once the application has been checked for validity, i.e. correct form, signed, mandatory sections completed, correct photographs, payment has cleared. It would be unusual for an application to be rejected as invalid once the biometric letter has been sent out, unless the reason for the invalidity is failure to enrol biometrics.