ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouses living in different countries and naturalisation

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lady
Newly Registered

spouses living in different countries and naturalisation

Post by lady » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:49 am

Hello,

I ll be applying for a naturalisation soon on the basis of 1year ILR + over 5 years life in the UK. I m married to an EU national who works and live outside UK. what do you thing guys about this point ( my spouse's address is abroad ) and its impact on my naturalisation application??????????

Do you think that my application will be refused because of the fact that we live in two different countries? OR this point has no effect on my application.

I ll be very grateful for any advice.

Thank You

JAJ
Australia

Re: spouses living in different countries and naturalisation

Post by JAJ » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:55 am

lady wrote:Hello,

I ll be applying for a naturalisation soon on the basis of 1year ILR + over 5 years life in the UK. I m married to an EU national who works and live outside UK. what do you thing guys about this point ( my spouse's address is abroad ) and its impact on my naturalisation application??????????

Do you think that my application will be refused because of the fact that we live in two different countries? OR this point has no effect on my application.

I ll be very grateful for any advice.

Thank You
It might be a problem if it causes the Home Office IND to doubt whether you intend to stay living in the UK.

ppron747
inactive

Post by ppron747 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:48 am

I think it might underline the need to be particularly scrupulous in keeping accurate records of your absences from UK, Lady, so that you can actually prove - should it be necessary - that your spouse's residence elsewhere isn't taking you over the normal permitted absences. If you're well within your limits, I don't think there should be a problem...
|| paul R.I.P, January, 2007
Want a 2nd opinion? One will be along shortly....

lady
Newly Registered

Post by lady » Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:04 pm

Thank you for your replies.

I m OK with the time limit .... My husband is the one travelling to the UK most of the time.