ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1+Dependant-- UKBIA allowing PO biometric 4 both

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

raja1082k1

Tier-1+Dependant-- UKBIA allowing PO biometric 4 both

Post by raja1082k1 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Guys

I have applied extn(+ 1 dependant) by post on 16th Feb. As per the old dependant form(prior to 14th Feb), there was no mention about the postal applicants are being allowed to do biometrics at Post offices. However, I have now 2 good news about this.

1. I spoke to one of the OISC registered consultant and as per him UKBIA has started allowing Main applicant and dependant(above 6 yrs) to have their biometrics done togather at Post Offices from 1st Mar 2012. I asked him for the link but he said I need to look for it myself on the home office website. However he assured that this is the latest update.

2. Have a look at the PBS Dependant Help Text(downloaded from UKBIA) which came up on the website along with the new PBS dependant for(w.e.f 14th Feb) where you can see(Page 5; Para-2) that postal applications by dependants do have an option for Post Office biometric enrolments.
Similarly you can refer to Page 47 last para-Page 48 1st para of the new PBS dependant form.

So, guys who have similar applications(with dependants) and have done biometric after 1st March, please do post your biometric information whether you along with dependants were allowed at Post Offices.

Thanks

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:49 pm

Firstly there is nothing like UKBIA.....It is UKBA :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Secondly this information is not available to the public yet.

Thirdly you can only provide biometrics at a post office if you receive a Bar Coded letter.
Give me more Karma (+)

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:07 pm

QuickSam
BANNED

Post by QuickSam » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:23 pm

This post doesn't say that the main applicant and the dependant's can apply together at the Post Office. The fact is, currently UKBA doesn't send Bar coded letters to applicants with dependants. If they did, then you could go to a post office to get the Biometric done.
Give me more Karma (+)

ashehzi

Post by ashehzi » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:12 pm

So, guys who have similar applications(with dependants) and have done biometric after 1st March, please do post your biometric information whether you along with dependants were allowed at Post Offices.
so yes, the question is "Has someone received letter from UKBA to get main applicant's and depedent's BR info to be provided at Post Office".

Perhaps it would be clear in next 1-2 weeks or any person applying by post this month (march).

anyway, its a good news if this is the case and would be a relief to many many applicants with families.

regards

rknshree

RE

Post by rknshree » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:12 pm

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/about ... enrolment/

It still says that

This service is currently available only to sole applicants aged 16 or over.

cpverma
Newly Registered

Re: Tier-1+Dependant-- UKBIA allowing PO biometric 4 both

Post by cpverma » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:18 pm

Were you able to get your biometrics done at the Post Office? I've received my biometric letter today and it has a bar code for both me and my wife. I'm going to the post office tomorrow, hopefully should be able to get it done.
raja1082k1 wrote:Guys

I have applied extn(+ 1 dependant) by post on 16th Feb. As per the old dependant form(prior to 14th Feb), there was no mention about the postal applicants are being allowed to do biometrics at Post offices. However, I have now 2 good news about this.

1. I spoke to one of the OISC registered consultant and as per him UKBIA has started allowing Main applicant and dependant(above 6 yrs) to have their biometrics done togather at Post Offices from 1st Mar 2012. I asked him for the link but he said I need to look for it myself on the home office website. However he assured that this is the latest update.

2. Have a look at the PBS Dependant Help Text(downloaded from UKBIA) which came up on the website along with the new PBS dependant for(w.e.f 14th Feb) where you can see(Page 5; Para-2) that postal applications by dependants do have an option for Post Office biometric enrolments.
Similarly you can refer to Page 47 last para-Page 48 1st para of the new PBS dependant form.

Thanks

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:19 am

I was able to submit biometrics at a post office for myself and my dependants.

Somudro
Member of Standing

Post by Somudro » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:52 am

How many dependents? Do you have any child under 1y?

tier_2_applicant

Post by tier_2_applicant » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:15 pm

2 dependants - wife and 15 month old daughter.