ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - SET(O)

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JuanIncognito
Newly Registered

ILR - SET(O)

Post by JuanIncognito » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:36 pm

I have several questions about an upcoming ILR application, under SET (O). My details are below, as are questions. Thanks for any help given

Eligibility

I am a little confused by this point, due to conflicting advice elsewhere, but it seems that I might be entitled to apply all the same, despite arriving 3 weeks later, due to High Commission delay in stamping visa (had to change flights).

1. Does the 90 day rule help me here for eligibility?
2. When should I apply?
3. Should I apply in person / PEO?
4. Should I write covering letter all the same?
5. Would I need to appeal to discretion?

PEO vs Postal

I would rather not pay the in person price, but on the other hand 8-12 weeks seems to be the rule for postal application. A UKBA call centre advisor said that I would need to apply by post due to eligibility issues

1. Do I need to pay when booking PEO? Or is that paid on the day? I ask because I may change my mind about postal/PEO

Details

Citizenship: NZ
HSMP letter of approval 24 April 2007
HSMP Visa date 12 May 2007
Entrance into UK 1 June 2007

2 years HSMP till 2009, then 3 years Tier 1 till now.

Smam

Post by Smam » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:15 pm

Hi

To the best of my knowledge you'll definitely come under that 90 days rule of arrival in to the UK after getting your visa stamped.

Sorry you didn't mentioned which month in 2009. you can apply 28 days before.

Advice I know that its a costly advice but I would highly recommend any one to go for PEO as I my self cant go through the painful waiting game and not knowing that what happening to my documents which are as important to me as my life.

You only need to pay for the PEO when you'll be arriving at the PEO dont have to pay any thing at the time of booking your PEO appointment.

hsmpengineer
Mood:
Nigeria

Post by hsmpengineer » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:42 pm

PEO is the way to go. The ~£350 difference in price in not worth the uncertainty you have to deal with while waiting for 8-12weeks for a verdict.

My advice to you get it all done and dusted in one afternoon at the PEO. Read through the forum (particularly at cases similar to yours) in order to be as prepared as you can be.

Good luck

t-bag

Re :

Post by t-bag » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:29 pm

I agree with going for the same day, which is what i was going to do, but again, i read somewhere on the forum that in case they refuse you, you've got no right of appeal if your visa isn't expired. However, with the postal application, your visa will definitely expire and you've got right of appeal. Am i right in saying this, or is this information wrong?

A mod to confirm will be highly appreciated.

Thanks!!

JuanIncognito
Newly Registered

Post by JuanIncognito » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:11 pm

hsmpengineer wrote:PEO is the way to go. The ~£350 difference in price in not worth the uncertainty you have to deal with while waiting for 8-12weeks for a verdict.

My advice to you get it all done and dusted in one afternoon at the PEO. Read through the forum (particularly at cases similar to yours) in order to be as prepared as you can be.

Good luck
Right, thanks.

@t-bag - I'll have to check this out. Ugh