ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:11 am

XnailaX wrote:oooooh shit man...

yeh but we sent appeal from here..........syma???..dnt shit me up man lol...im scared as it is...i hope they dnt wana interview him...

ok he'l ring 8865
okk maybe its not..
but in my experience being call for an interview is like a second chance..and they have translators there so its not a big deal..neways goodluck:)
visa-grante:25.10.12

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:17 am

jzk sis xx

som1984

Post by som1984 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:33 am

syma wrote:Does anyone know if the changes in rules in april specially the one about applying for ILR after 5years not 2 affect spouse visa applications made before april 2012??

do u have to be granted a visa b4 april 2012 for it not to apply to you or submission of visa pp b4 this date is enough?
i think if you are granted a visa before the changes are announced then it is 2 years. if it is granted after the changes even if you applied before it will be 5 years.

what difference does it really make?

2 years or 5 years you will be with your partner.

itll hurt the people who are only coming for a red passport so i think it is a good idea. i know many people who have changed when they have received their red passport.

shafareli
Newly Registered

Still Waiting ...

Post by shafareli » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:34 am

Just joined the board ...

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:18 am

king2be98 wrote:Why is it that you read the same thing every single day in this thread, so much worrying and so little help for others. Henna and Taniya, you are no different to anyone else, wait until they contact you and contact you they will when they've made a decision. You worrying or counting down the days is not going to make things go any quicker. If you're finding the wait difficult, then do what normal people do, get on with work and keep themselves busy.

SazKhan in response to your question, one of my friend's brothers applied in December and at the end of February he was rejected because there was not enough proof of contact. Not only do they want proof they want it for the duration of the marriage.

However it depends on how long you've been married, if it's a new marriage ie. within 3-4 weeks of the wedding then you won't need to as they understand in Pakistan many couples don't communicate prior to marriqage, but this has to be stated in the application.

You should include as many emails as you possibly can, don't worry about things being of a personal nature, do you think people enjoy reading this stuff? Do you think the decision makers will enjoy reading highly personal material? They won't, so include as much as possible. In fact send emails and take a screenshot of your inbox with the received emails from yoru wife and tell her to do the same with her inbox. As for calling cards, you'll just have to make do now and state that you used calling cards. However if you have emails, and for the entire period youw ere away from yoru wife, you will be pretty much covered in this area.
Couldn't have put it better myself..

I've been wating for 3 weeks now but i know that i could take upto 12 weeks so all we could really do is wait and pray, no point moaning every day that why is it taking long etc..

Think it would be a good idea for applicants to have a look at my signature.
-----------------------------
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

shade00
Member of Standing

Re: Still Waiting ...

Post by shade00 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:19 am

shafareli wrote:Just joined the board ...
Welcome :)
“Surely the patient will be paid their wages in full without reckoning.” [39:10]

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

som1984

Post by som1984 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:22 am

shade00 wrote:
king2be98 wrote:Why is it that you read the same thing every single day in this thread, so much worrying and so little help for others. Henna and Taniya, you are no different to anyone else, wait until they contact you and contact you they will when they've made a decision. You worrying or counting down the days is not going to make things go any quicker. If you're finding the wait difficult, then do what normal people do, get on with work and keep themselves busy.

SazKhan in response to your question, one of my friend's brothers applied in December and at the end of February he was rejected because there was not enough proof of contact. Not only do they want proof they want it for the duration of the marriage.

However it depends on how long you've been married, if it's a new marriage ie. within 3-4 weeks of the wedding then you won't need to as they understand in Pakistan many couples don't communicate prior to marriqage, but this has to be stated in the application.

You should include as many emails as you possibly can, don't worry about things being of a personal nature, do you think people enjoy reading this stuff? Do you think the decision makers will enjoy reading highly personal material? They won't, so include as much as possible. In fact send emails and take a screenshot of your inbox with the received emails from yoru wife and tell her to do the same with her inbox. As for calling cards, you'll just have to make do now and state that you used calling cards. However if you have emails, and for the entire period youw ere away from yoru wife, you will be pretty much covered in this area.
Couldn't have put it better myself..

I've been wating for 3 weeks now but i know that i could take upto 12 weeks so all we could really do is wait and pray, no point moaning every day that why is it taking long etc..

Think it would be a good idea for applicants to have a look at my signature.
what a great signature.

i am due to get married next month in pakistan but i have been following this forum for a long time. even though there is great advice and past experiences shared there is alot of moaning and a great amount of anticipation on here.

once the application is handed you need to be patient. worrying and checking the status every day will only make it harder.

let the process take its course and surely the outcome will be judged on your apllication. all this worrying is pointless.

remeber things happen for a reason.

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:29 am

I agree.

Best thing that waiting applicants could do is just help those who are applying or stuck with something.

Thats what were here for.
:)

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

shade00
Member of Standing

Post by shade00 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:34 am

XnailaX wrote:oooooh shit man...

yeh but we sent appeal from here..........syma???..dnt shit me up man lol...im scared as it is...i hope they dnt wana interview him...

ok he'l ring 8865

Inshallah it will be good news. Im sure it will :)

Submitted ISL -22/02/12
Granted 12/07/12

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:38 am

shade00 wrote:I agree.

Best thing that waiting applicants could do is just help those who are applying or stuck with something.

Thats what were here for.

THIS IS FOR THOSE PEOPLE WHO ARE WAITING, BHC HAS UPDATED LATEST PROCESSING TIME FEB 2012. KARACHI IS IN WORST SCENARIO.
SO BE CALM :P :D I AM PACIFYING MYSELF.........:lol: :lol:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... %20English

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:39 am

Hi evryone

I need serious urgent advice now,
Basically I was called for an interview on 6th march n the ECO asked me to submit payment reciept of my unpaid uni fee only then she would process my visa app.
Now my husband went n paid this fee on friday 9th march n I sent the reciept n support letter from uni on 11th march so that ECO would have it first thing monday morning on 12th.
I just got my visa refused today sayin I havnt paid my fee this decision was made ysterday I.e 14th march. I sent the evidence on 11th n for three days she didn't read it its not my fault.

What m I suppose to do now this is so unfair n unprofessional on their part..

som1984

Post by som1984 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:42 am

syma wrote:Hi evryone

Basically I was called for an interview on 6th march n the ECO asked me to submit payment reciept of my unpaid uni fee only then she would process my visa app.
Now my husband went n paid this fee on friday 9th march n I sent the reciept n support letter from uni on 11th march so that ECO would have it first thing monday morning on 12th.
I just got my visa refused today sayin I havnt paid my fee this decision was made ysterday I.e 14th march. I sent the evidence on 11th n for three days she didn't read it its not my fault.

that is really unfortunte. i'm sure if you write to them or speak to someone directly and ask them to check the receipt you have sent in then they will over turn the decision.

Gregarious
Member of Standing

Post by Gregarious » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:43 am

syma wrote:Hi evryone

OOOps, it is really bad..Did you sent it via courier and checked the status as well. You have to contact with them again and provide your evidence and so on

som1984

Post by som1984 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:48 am

Just seen this today on the ukba website.

cant see any changes to spouse applications

Today, Thursday 15 March 2012, a written ministerial statement has been laid in Parliament outlining a number of changes to the Immigration Rules.

Most of the changes will come into effect on 6 April 2012. Some of the changes to Tier 2 will affect those who were granted leave after 6 April 2011.

The changes include:

Migrants under the points-based system
Tier 1 - high-value migrants
Closing the Tier 1 (Post-study work) route. Introducing the new Tier 1 (Graduate entrepreneur) route. Introducing new provisions for switching from Tier 1 (Graduate entrepreneur) or Tier 1 (Post-study work) into Tier 1 (Entrepreneur). Renewing the 1000 place limit for Tier 1 (Exceptional talent) for each of the next 2 years. Tier 2 - skilled workers
Limiting the total amount of temporary leave that may be granted to a Tier 2 migrant to 6 years (which applies to those who entered after 6 April 2011). Introducing a new minimum pay requirement of £35,000 or the appropriate rate for the job, for Tier 2 general and sportsperson migrants who wish to settle here from April 2016 (with exemptions for those in PhD level and shortage occupation categories). Introducing a 'cooling-off period' across all the Tier 2 routes. Tier 2 migrants will need to wait for 12 months from the expiry of their previous visa before they may apply for a further Tier 2 visa. Introducing new post-study arrangements for graduates switching into Tier 2. Tier 4 - students
Implementing the final set of changes to the student visa system that were announced in March 2011, including:

Extending the interim limit for sponsors that have applied for educational oversight and Highly Trusted Sponsor status and have not yet been assessed. Introducing limits on the time that can be spent studying at degree level. Lightening work placement restrictions. Tier 5 - temporary workers
Limiting the length of time temporary workers can stay in the UK, under certain Government Authorised Exchange schemes, to a maximum of 12 months. The schemes affected are intern, work experience and youth exchange type programmes. Allowing sportspersons who enter under the Tier 5 creative and sporting sub-category to undertake some guest sports broadcasting work where they are not filling a permanent position. Changes in all tiers of the points-based system
Making curtailment mandatory where a migrant under Tiers 2, 4, or 5 of the points-based system has failed to start, or has ceased, their work or study with their sponsor. This includes cases where a sponsor notifies us, via the sponsor management system (SMS), that a migrant is no longer pursuing the purpose of their visa. The Rules will also set out the limited exceptions to mandatory curtailment. Reducing the curtailment threshold (the level of leave you have left which means that we will not normally pursue curtailment) from 6 months to 60 days. Increasing the funds applicants will need to provide evidence of, in order to meet the maintenance requirements for all routes in the points-based system. For Tier 4 and Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme the changes will come into effect on 6 April 2012. For Tier 1, Tier 2 and temporary workers under Tier 5 the changes will come into effect on 14 June 2012.
Visitors
The new visitor route will allow a small group of professionals, artists, entertainers and sportspersons who are invited to come to the UK to undertake short-term permitted fee paid engagements for up to 1 month. Overseas domestic workers
Restricting all overseas domestic workers (ODW) to only work for the employer with whom they entered the UK, or whom they came to join. Removing the right for all migrants under the ODW category to apply for settlement. Strengthening the requirement for the employer of an ODW to provide evidence of an existing employer relationship, and introducing a requirement for agreed, written terms and conditions of employment to be produced, as part of the application for entry clearance. Permitting all ODWs who have applied for leave to enter or remain on or before 5 April 2012, to continue to be treated under Immigration Rules in place on that date. Restricting ODWs in private households to work for an employer who is a visitor to the UK. Permission to stay in the UK will be limited to a maximum of 6 months or the period of the employer's stay whichever is shorter. Removing the current provision for ODWs to be accompanied by dependants. Permitting ODWs in diplomatic households to apply to extend their stay for 12 months at a time up to a maximum of 5 years, or the length of the diplomat's posting, whichever is shorter.
Sponsors
Introducing a Premium Customer Service for those A-rated sponsors in Tiers 2 and 5 who wish to apply and pay for a range of benefits. We will publish the full range of service benefits in due course. The service will launch in the 2012-13 financial year. In addition to these changes, the government is also making amendments to the extension of leave to remain.

The Home Office has today published 2 financial impact assessments: one on settlement and another on Tier 5 and overseas domestic workers, as well as a policy equality statement.

For full details of the changes please see the Statement of Changes to the Immigration rules (HC 1888) and the Explanatory Memorandum on the right side of this page. The written ministerial statement, impact assessments and the policy equality statement can be found on the Home Office website.

We have previously announced the changes to settlement, overseas domestic workers and students in a series of news stories.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:51 am

The ECO gave me an email address n refrence number to put it in subject column..I even called the embassy to say make sure the email is checked on monday n they said dnt worry if uve put the refrence it'll go to the eco.

Do I appeal now?
Or is there a quicker way by sayin its ECO's lack of efficiency she didn't read the email

som1984

Post by som1984 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:55 am

syma wrote:The ECO gave me an email address n refrence number to put it in subject column..I even called the embassy to say make sure the email is checked on monday n they said dnt worry if uve put the refrence it'll go to the eco.

Do I appeal now?
Or is there a quicker way by sayin its ECO's lack of efficiency she didn't read the email
i would get in contact with te ECO and explain situation. try to email the receipt to them. see what their response is and take it from there

navie999

Post by navie999 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:08 pm

Salaams

FOR ALL THOSE WAITING, TRY THIS NUMBER: 0097126101100, OPTION 1 THEN OPTION 0.

Its the number for the embassy in abu dhabi. Ring at like 6am UK time.

You will get through to someone, say you want a update on a visa app. Have your spouses passport number to hand.

Good Luck

king2be98
- thin ice -

Post by king2be98 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:39 pm

navie999 wrote:Salaams

You will get through to someone, say you want a update on a visa app. Have your spouses passport number to hand.

Good Luck

What exactly will they say beyond the standard answers all have been posting in this thread? Beyond the 60 day mark, you have reason to call, until then what is the point?

navie999

Post by navie999 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:51 pm

king2be98 wrote:
navie999 wrote:Salaams

Good Luck

What exactly will they say beyond the standard answers all have been posting in this thread? Beyond the 60 day mark, you have reason to call, until then what is the point?
They will tell you whether the application is at the embassy with them, whether its still under process or whether a decision has been made and docs been sent back.

So my brother, very informative. Theres no point calling the pakis, because they just put on the automated message and no point ringing Gerry's because they just have access to what we have on the on-line tracker.

Im pretty patient so I've been waiting. But for those impatient people its worth a try.

syma
Member of Standing

Post by syma » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:52 pm

Can someone please give me details info on process of appeal. Thay have given me IAFT-2 form.
As far as i know appeals are only submitted in UK now, so is this the correct form to do that?

and isit better to opt for an oral hearing or paper appeal which one is faster and how much each of them cost?

fbutt09

Post by fbutt09 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:16 pm

AoA to all,

Hope you are all fine and well.

For all those who keep on asking the same question after every five minutes.

Please see the UKBA decision timescales for Feb 2012.

The vast majority of all applications were taking the full 60 working days!

I know it is difficult but try to remain patient in this testing time.

Please remember that everything is in the hands of Allah SWT. Do some zikr, read some nufl and ensure you do sincere dua. Infact the dua of a believer is accepted at the time of Adhan, after every Salah, when it rains and at times of travel. Take advantage of this and inshAllah you will be reunited in no time at all.

Allah knows best.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... ableAnchor

Allah Hafiz

henna786

Post by henna786 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:34 pm

fbutt09 wrote:AoA to all,

Hope you are all fine and well.

For all those who keep on asking the same question after every five minutes.

Please see the UKBA decision timescales for Feb 2012.

The vast majority of all applications were taking the full 60 working days!

I know it is difficult but try to remain patient in this testing time.

Please remember that everything is in the hands of Allah SWT. Do some zikr, read some nufl and ensure you do sincere dua. Infact the dua of a believer is accepted at the time of Adhan, after every Salah, when it rains and at times of travel. Take advantage of this and inshAllah you will be reunited in no time at all.

Allah knows best.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/count ... ableAnchor

Allah Hafiz
Thank for ur info and help:).
visa submitted in mirpur: 11/01/2012o
Application frwd to bhc -3/03/2012
aplication frwd to embassy for process-4/03/12 (70)application returned to Ac-19/04/12
REady for collection-24/04/12:)
VISA GRANTED 25/04/12.:)

henna786

Post by henna786 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:36 pm

[quote="shade00"][quote="king2be98"]Why is it that you read the same thing every single day in this thread, so much worrying and so little help for others. Henna and Taniya, you are no different to anyone else, wait until they contact you and contact you they will when they've made a decision. You worrying or counting down the days is not going to make things go any quicker. If you're finding the wait difficult, then do what normal people do, get on with work and keep themselves busy

Like everyone on this form moan as well and be worried , so it's not just me moanin and I think I do know what to do to keep myself busy thank anyways.
If its bothering u, then won't moan..:(
visa submitted in mirpur: 11/01/2012o
Application frwd to bhc -3/03/2012
aplication frwd to embassy for process-4/03/12 (70)application returned to Ac-19/04/12
REady for collection-24/04/12:)
VISA GRANTED 25/04/12.:)

som1984

Post by som1984 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Settlement Visas 2 days 3 days 5 days 10 days 15 days 40 days 60 days 90 days 120 days Total decisions made
Settlement 5% 5% 5% 5% 5% 7% 97% 99% 100% 128

The above data is for all decisions made in February 2012

tnt4ever
- thin ice -

my processing and documents we had already submitted

Post by tnt4ever » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:07 pm

well after a long time i am reading this thread once again
believing in good time always comes after a hard and pain full journey'' waiting for my visa to be issued however my wife is also with in the same state of mind "" praying all the times to have good results
every things turned to be so sick and just hope and faith IN ALLAH is the last resort to tackle it.

From my Wife( British National)
Sponsorship Declaration Letter Signed by me
• Full Copy of my Passport
• National Insurance Card Copy
• past 3 months wage slip from Current Employer
• P60
• Contract Letter
• letter from current employer
• job offer letter from NHS
• divorce certificate from my first marriage
• marriage certificate to ----- along with English translation Certificate
• my marriage photographs with my in laws family and husband
• Mobile Call History, Land Line Call Record, Emails, Skype, Face book
• my exit re-entry stamps of my visits to Pakistan
• Travel Ticket
• Mortgage Statement and Land Registry
• few utility bills
• council tax
• bank statement

From Me ( applicant)

Bank Statement
Ielts( 6 Over All)
police letter
Academics( all)
Experience letters( all)
Nikah nama( with english translation )
request letter
affidavit
fathers affidavit
declaration letter
medical letter
pictures( a complete album me my wife family etc)
purchasing bills( jewels, hotel, car, etc)
a huge list of prints( emails, skype, messages, land line, mobile history taken from past 6 to 7 months) almost over 250 pages
some of the gift cards my wife sent me during different occasions
the packing covers ( courier packets)

i was banned under 320 7A( 2009) and been to another country right after that
my only concern was 320 ( 7a) happened due to false representation of bank statement whereas the concerned person denied to acknowledge me on spot.

the attached list is having the same 320 7a paragraph describing the situation where same sex, civil marriage, or husband or wife are excluded from this situation, my wife is not taking any benefits and she has got an annual raise of 7000 pounds in her new job offer letter from NHS.

She is there since past 3 decades and this is all i have to say.

i Clearly declared that i have been through my 320 in the past and the reason as a fact was also disclosed to the concerned ECO who ever he is

please pray for me

i really need dua and help from all brothers and sisters
my life is really at stake, cause this will direct me towards building my entire career and my wife's entire personal life
we been married since October 2011 and applied as under

Application date: 21st Feb
B.M Taken: Same Day
Doc Sent: same Day
Received at ISB: 22nd Feb- 2012
In Processing Txt: Visa APP in process at BHC ISB'' Dated: 6th March 2011)

Visa Issued: Waiting...
Travel: ASAP INSHALLAH

please provide your full support in my favor and due for me
may ALLAH bless all of those who are in hard time waiting for their cases to be relieved
Aameen