ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1(General) Extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramsushu
Newly Registered

Tier 1(General) Extension

Post by ramsushu » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:11 pm

I am going for an extension of my Tier1 Visa after April 2012. I was qualified when i applied for Tier 1 for English Language requirement based on my qualification that is Masters degree.

As i am going to extend my visa do i need to appear for an IELTS Exams.

Kindly reply me as soon as possible.

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Tier 1(General) Extension

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:26 pm

ramsushu wrote:I am going for an extension of my Tier1 Visa after April 2012. I was qualified when i applied for Tier 1 for English Language requirement based on my qualification that is Masters degree.

For extensions you don't have to prove english language requirement again.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 1(General) Extension

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:18 pm

ramsushu wrote:I am going for an extension of my Tier1 Visa after April 2012. I was qualified when i applied for Tier 1 for English Language requirement based on my qualification that is Masters degree.

A little research would have led to this post not to exist!! But since it is, you do not have to appear for test.

On Section L - In response to the question -

Applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, or as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant and has previously satisfied the English Language requirement

Choose the last box. Move to the last Question (L7) Tick the box and you are done with that !!!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

atifff007
Newly Registered

Post by atifff007 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:09 pm

Hi all,

I made my initial application for HSMP in 2008 and claimed 30 points for my Bachelors degree. They sent me HSMP approval letter in November 2008. But it was lost in post. I had to wait for three months to request for a duplicate copy. I recieved the duplicate approval letter in February 2009.

Then I applied for my Tier-1 Visa based on my HSMP approval letter on 4th APRIL 2009. Got my Tier - 1 visa stamped from 14th May 2009 to 14th May 2012.

Now when I check my points for Bachelors degree I am getting 0 points. Am I eligible to apply for an extension , based on my Bachelors degree ?

Atif Shahid

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:25 pm

Yes You are. You can choose the bx at time of filling in the form.
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...