ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 Dependent visa for Child Born in UK - Maintenance

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ashish1982
Newly Registered

Tier 1 Dependent visa for Child Born in UK - Maintenance

Post by ashish1982 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:50 pm

Hi,
Me and my wife had got the Tier 1 and Tier 1 dependent visa in July 2010 and traveled to UK in November 2010. We have been in the UK since then. My baby boy was born in Feb 2012. I have to travel to India for some family emergency, and thus would need to apply for my son's visa from India. My Our visa's expire in mid July 2012.

If I only apply for my son's visa as of now, would I need to reapply for his visa extension along with mine and my wife's in July? Would it be better if I apply for an extension for all 3 of us together right now in March-April? How would this affect my ILR timeframes? Also, what is the maintenance I need to show if I am applying for the visas from India in both scenarios?

Kindly help.
Thanks.

AK

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Re: Tier 1 Dependent visa for Child Born in UK - Maintenance

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:31 pm

ashish1982 wrote:Hi,
Me and my wife had got the Tier 1 and Tier 1 dependent visa in July 2010 and traveled to UK in November 2010. We have been in the UK since then. My baby boy was born in Feb 2012. I have to travel to India for some family emergency, and thus would need to apply for my son's visa from India. My Our visa's expire in mid July 2012.

If I only apply for my son's visa as of now, would I need to reapply for his visa extension along with mine and my wife's in July? Would it be better if I apply for an extension for all 3 of us together right now in March-April? How would this affect my ILR timeframes? Also, what is the maintenance I need to show if I am applying for the visas from India in both scenarios?

Kindly help.
Thanks.

AK
1- The expiry date for dependent visa will be same as main applicant.
2- Maintenance will be 800+533+533 for all three.
3- ILR will only be granted if you have spent 5 years in UK. if less than that you will have to apply for one more extension.