ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIER 1 GENERAL EXTENSION

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ramsushu
Newly Registered

TIER 1 GENERAL EXTENSION

Post by ramsushu » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Hi,

I am in confussion. I am the Tier 1 General Applicant. I am going for an visa extension after april 2012. I have come across a new rule in ukba/homeoffice.gov.uk that if one wants to apply for Leave to remain must meet the requirements of the english language test. I have already qualified as per points based calculator for english language based on my qualification that is Masters last when i had applied for my Tier 1 in 2009.

I would like to know whether i need to appear for an english test to apply for my visa extension after april 2012 and my dependent also has to appear for a test for VISA EXTENSION.
Please reply me as soon as possible.

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: TIER 1 GENERAL EXTENSION

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:10 pm

ramsushu wrote:Hi,

I am in confussion. I am the Tier 1 General Applicant. I am going for an visa extension after april 2012. I have come across a new rule in ukba/homeoffice.gov.uk that if one wants to apply for Leave to remain must meet the requirements of the english language test. I have already qualified as per points based calculator for english language based on my qualification that is Masters last when i had applied for my Tier 1 in 2009.

I would like to know whether i need to appear for an english test to apply for my visa extension after april 2012 and my dependent also has to appear for a test for VISA EXTENSION.
Please reply me as soon as possible.
A little research would have led to this post not to exist!! But since it is, you do not have to appear for test.

On Section L - In response to the question -

Applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 (General) migrant, or as a Highly Skilled Migrant Programme participant and has previously satisfied the English Language requirement

Choose the last box. Move to the last Question (L7) Tick the box and you are done with that !!!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...