ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

children who migrate withe spouse

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ali sher

children who migrate withe spouse

Post by ali sher » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:50 am

Hi all

I'm on ILR and sponsored my wife and 2yr daughter last year. My wife got her 2yr spouse visa and my daughter has also got 2 years visa. I know my wife will have to apply for ILR at the end of her spouse visa in 2 years time. What I need to know is if my daughter going to apply for ILR at same time with my wife or we can do it now?
Thanks

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:21 am

She applies with your spouse. However, if she was born in the UK she can register as British.

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:20 am

Thanks Lucapooka!

I have another question that is if I get my nationality now can we then apply for our daughters' citizenship or she still gonna wait 2 years?

kunal parikh

Post by kunal parikh » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:47 pm

hi..

did you get your daughter's British passport or ILR once you get your ILR or briish passport?

I am also planning to apply now Tier 1 Depedant but my ILR is due next year. So just want to know whether my son will be able to get it once I get my ILR/British Passport? My son is born in india.

I appreicate your reply.

Thanks
Kunal

ali sher

Post by ali sher » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:18 pm

Kunal! I am sorry really have no idea about your situation. But i can explain mine hoping it helps.

I got my ILR in 2008 and got married in 2009 in Pakistan. I managed to sponser my wife and my Pakistani born 2 year old daughter and they joined me last year. Both my wife and daughter got 2 years visa. I know my wife will have to apply for her ILR at the end of her current visa. What i was trying to find out if i go for British citizenship now and get it will it make my daughter a British citizen automatically or she still need to complet her 2 years visa and then go for ILR?

I hope you understand the situation now
Thanks