ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Business Structure

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dylan

Business Structure

Post by dylan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:09 am

Hello everyone

I am planning to open a website as a business. (something similar to justeat.co.uk but not exactly that) Anyway I want to know the most suitable business structure to register. I will have the 100% ownership of the website and everything related to it. And I will have one person to support me and he will get paid a percentage of the profit. Your views on this matter will be very much appreciated :wink:

p.s. I am planning to include this income to support my tier 1 extension and I need everything to be done properly.

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:40 am

For a tier 1 extension, you score points for income; nothing more, nothing less. If you register a business and garner revenue, you can use that to apply for your extension if that income has been through the various treatments laid out in the guidance.

dylan

Post by dylan » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:04 pm

Lucapooka wrote:For a tier 1 extension, you score points for income; nothing more, nothing less. If you register a business and garner revenue, you can use that to apply for your extension if that income has been through the various treatments laid out in the guidance.
First of all thank you for your reply. But I do not understand what you are trying to say. As far as I know you can use any legal income as long as you pay tax and NI and if you have documents to prove your income :wink:

Anyway my question is regarding business structures. I am little bit confused with different business structures. I just need to know whether I need to register my website as a business. If yes then what is the most suitable business structure to register. (or could I pay tax and NI as self-employed?)

I would be grateful if you could give me some advice on that :wink:

Lucapooka
Respected Guru

Post by Lucapooka » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:08 pm

You need to register the site as a business. Similarly, if you were trading on the stock market you would have to be registered as a business entity and could not simply be a private individual moving your money around. How and under what capacity you register your busines is beyond the scope of immigration matters so I will have to limit my response to that.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:00 am

Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

dylan

Post by dylan » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:52 pm

Lucapooka wrote:You need to register the site as a business. Similarly, if you were trading on the stock market you would have to be registered as a business entity and could not simply be a private individual moving your money around. How and under what capacity you register your busines is beyond the scope of immigration matters so I will have to limit my response to that.
Thanks for the reply :wink:

Does anyone else have any knowledge to share about business structures? :roll: