ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for ILR in the UK - help me

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rengasakthi

Applying for ILR in the UK - help me

Post by rengasakthi » Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:52 am

Hiya,

I am on Tier1(General) at the moment and I am completing my 5years in the UK next month so planning to apply for ILR in May/June.

My wife and son are with me in the UK, and they both on Tier1(General) Dependant, my son is just a month old, my wife haven't completed 2years in the UK yet so I am planning to apply for ILR Dependant for my wife, my son while I apply for my ILR - is this possible?

One more question, I have been told that my son didn't have to complete 2yrs in the UK before I apply ILR for him? If that true? If its true would I be able to apply ILR for myself and my son but ILR dependant for my wife?

Many thanks!

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:35 pm

If son was born in the UK and not travelling, then skip his leave to remain application. He will be entitled to register for British citizenship after you're granted ILR.

Else, if he was not born in the UK, then do include him with your ILR application.

If your wife has not spent at least 2 years with you in the UK, then she should apply for FLR(M).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rengasakthi

Post by rengasakthi » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:31 pm

vinny wrote:If son was born in the UK and not travelling, then skip his leave to remain application. He will be entitled to register for British citizenship after you're granted ILR.

Else, if he was not born in the UK, then do include him with your ILR application.

If your wife has not spent at least 2 years with you in the UK, then she should apply for FLR(M).
Thanks, does my wife needs to pass the Life in the UK test too, I.e., if I apply FLR(M) for my wife?

1sppandey

Post by 1sppandey » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:25 pm

rengasakthi wrote:
vinny wrote:If son was born in the UK and not travelling, then skip his leave to remain application. He will be entitled to register for British citizenship after you're granted ILR.

Thanks, does my wife needs to pass the Life in the UK test too, I.e., if I apply FLR(M) for my wife?
I dont think your wife needs to pass the life in UK test as of now as she is just extending her stay till she completes 2 years here.

Although if she wishes, she can give the exam now and use the certificate later when she is applying for ILR as I havent heard about any expiry date for Life in UK. I am making this suggestion as it is usually easier when both of you study together for the exam.

rengasakthi

Post by rengasakthi » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Thanks, I just checked the FLR(M) form, it says "use this form for application for an extension of stay as the husband, wife, civil partner or unmarried/same-sex partner of a permanent resident" but I haven't got the PR yet, so how can my I apply FLR(M) for my wife?

I thought this form can be used only if the main applicant is already PR holder, is this not the case?

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:59 am

If there is sufficient leave for your wife, then she may wait until you're granted ILR. Else, she should make an in-time FLR(M) application and request that it be processed after your ILR application.

A1 test required.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:22 am

rengasakthi wrote:Hiya,
I am on Tier1(Gen) at the moment, and completing 5yrs this month so planning to apply for PR next month, and my son is 2months old and he is on Tier1(Gen) Dependant, he was born outside UK, so when I apply ILR for myself would I be able to apply ILR for my son too, or I can only apply FLR(M) for him?

Ps: My son is already in the UK though he was born outside UK.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:23 am

Lucapooka wrote:Yes, you can apply for his ILR jointly with yours.

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:26 am

vinny wrote:Else, if he was not born in the UK, then do include him with your ILR application.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:06 pm

my wife who is my dependent under Tier1 will need to extend her stay when I apply for ILR because she wouldn't have completed 2 years before my ILR.

Does she need any kind of test just for extending her stay from within UK?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:12 pm

vinny wrote: A1 test required.

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:16 pm

Greenie wrote:
vinny wrote: A1 test required.
thanks

rengasakthi

Post by rengasakthi » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:28 pm

I am planning to apply for PR next month, on the same day would I be able to apply FLR(M) for my wife? If I can't, after I get my PR with in how many days I should apply for FLR(M) for my wife?

Also I am planning to meet the the English Language requirement for FLR(M) under "Degree Taught in English" category, it says:

This certificate must be original, and must clearly show:

your name
the title of the award
the date of the award
the name of the awarding institution

The degree certificate has all the details being asked above, but its not saying it was taught in English, so do I need to provide "Medium of Instruction" document to prove that it was taught in English, or perhaps as long as the details asked is mentioned in Degree cert it is enough?