ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visitor visa for my family rejected on accommodation ground

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sarkav
Newly Registered

Visitor visa for my family rejected on accommodation ground

Post by sarkav » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:42 pm

Hi there
My parents and my sister's family (4 adults and 1 child (3yrs)) had applied for Visitor visa for 1 month. They have been rejected on the grounds that myself as a sponsor havent shown enough evidence that the accommodation can be suitable for all of them to stay. I have a detached house with 4 bedrooms, a lounge, dining and Spam. So practically, they can be accommodated. I am planning to appeal and would like to know how I can get evidence to show that the house that I own has 4 bedrooms?.
Can anyone help please?

btw, I am a UK citizen.

thanks

Tier1Gen

Post by Tier1Gen » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi sarkav,
Can you update the forum with the documents that you have provided with this application.

sarkav
Newly Registered

Post by sarkav » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:29 pm

6 months Bank statement
6 months pay slip
Council tax statement
Latest Mortgage statment
Sponsorship letter
Passport copy
Utility bill

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Visitor visa for my family rejected on accommodation gro

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:38 pm

sarkav wrote:Hi there
My parents and my sister's family (4 adults and 1 child (3yrs)) had applied for Visitor visa for 1 month. They have been rejected on the grounds that myself as a sponsor havent shown enough evidence that the accommodation can be suitable for all of them to stay. I have a detached house with 4 bedrooms, a lounge, dining and Spam. So practically, they can be accommodated. I am planning to appeal and would like to know how I can get evidence to show that the house that I own has 4 bedrooms?.
Can anyone help please?

btw, I am a UK citizen.

thanks
Without wanting to question your intelligence - You mentioned you have 4 bedroom house and can you tell me how many of you live in there at present? The way (in a way is stupid though) HO looks at it is
3 yr old would require 1 room
4 adults seems to be 2 couples - 2 Rooms
What will happen to your family? Assuming you are more than a single/couple (i.e have a kid), they are most likely to refuse your appeal on that basis as well

Not many of us know but there are actually limits to the amount of people can live in a specific sized house !!!! I know because I have worked for Council !!!

They unfortunately don't like the idea of living/sleeping on the floor as a family :(
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

sarkav
Newly Registered

Post by sarkav » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:45 pm

Sorry, should have mentioned it

My self & wife sleep in one room with a separate single bed for my 3 yr old. My elder one who is 7 and my 3 yrs old nephew would sleep in another (2 bunk beds). So there are 2 more rooms where I can put double beds. So I was planning to accommodate my parents in one room and my sisters family another room .

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:50 pm

sarkav wrote:Sorry, should have mentioned it

My self & wife sleep in one room with a separate single bed for my 3 yr old. My elder one who is 7 and my 3 yrs old nephew would sleep in another (2 bunk beds). So there are 2 more rooms where I can put double beds. So I was planning to accommodate my parents in one room and my sisters family another room .
No need to be sorry, I am sure this is not your 9-5 job, neither is mine :) . So, You are talking 6 adults and 3 kids. To meet health and safety metrics you need 3 double bed for 3 couple and 3 single for 3 kinds/children. Which you unfortunately do not have.

The way around would be (though not ethical) to go through someone like Thomas Cook in India and book the holidays. Get the visa and cancel the holidays (which may cost you some £) and come in as individual rather than group tourist. OR may be try to invite them individually (Read between the lines here) !!!

Good Luck & PM me if you need help reading between the line ;) lol

Regard,
R

CORRECTION - I missed out your elder one :( See even detached house is not enough, who would have thought eh !!!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

UKBALoveStory
Afghanistan

Post by UKBALoveStory » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:19 pm

raxs1983 wrote: Good Luck & PM me if you need help reading between the line ;) lol
brother what exactly do you mean

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:12 pm

tahirnaveed wrote:
raxs1983 wrote: Good Luck & PM me if you need help reading between the line ;) lol
brother what exactly do you mean
Invite them Individually if you have the similar problem as OP.

Invite them individually = Apply individually and not in bunch together