ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

application paid ,wrong form ,will they charge me again?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Marian2012

application paid ,wrong form ,will they charge me again?

Post by Marian2012 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:57 am

I paid the application SET M but want to reemplace the form.

I have been told by an immigration adviser on the phone that if I send new form to reemplace the previous they will charge me the visa again.

how can I avoid that and still send it to get to the caseworkers?I'm afraid if I send the form without the payment details the will considerate it invalid as is not full

kmore97

Re: application paid ,wrong form ,will they charge me again?

Post by kmore97 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:52 am

Marian2012 wrote:I paid the application SET M but want to reemplace the form.

I have been told by an immigration adviser on the phone that if I send new form to reemplace the previous they will charge me the visa again.

how can I avoid that and still send it to get to the caseworkers?I'm afraid if I send the form without the payment details the will considerate it invalid as is not full
I know something like this happened for one's tier 1 application. As he submitted old application, the form/docs were returned without deduction of fees. You need to reapply with new form.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:24 pm

See also 34I.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:25 pm

what form did you submit and when, and why was it incorrect

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:47 pm

Hello Greenie the form is the SET M was wrong because the first page of the form belongs to the expired one from april and the rest of the form is from february I submitted it one week ago and the right fee has been debited

Loveislovely
- thin ice -

Re: application paid ,wrong form ,will they charge me again?

Post by Loveislovely » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:03 am

kmore97 wrote:
Marian2012 wrote:I paid the application SET M but want to reemplace the form.

I know something like this happened for one's tier 1 application. As he submitted old application, the form/docs were returned without deduction of fees. You need to reapply with new form.
Hi Marian2012!

I had a similar problem in 2005, when I applied for variation leave to remain, lucky for me, they sent me a new form, but they did not charge me again, they sent me a letter stating that my application was invalid, but they did not return the rest of my stuff, I think you should wait for a reply from them before you do anything.

Good luck!!!!
All for one, one for all..... Peace

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:14 am

The first page is the problem as it belongs to a form from April the others 23 pages are from February

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:43 am

Marian2012 wrote:The first page is the problem as it belongs to a form from April the others 23 pages are from February
do you mean the first page as in the payment page or the first page as in the front page with the title of the form on it?

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:24 am

The front page with the title of the form on it that was the one was wrong the rest of the pages are from the form of february with biometric information

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:44 am

Marian2012 wrote:The front page with the title of the form on it that was the one was wrong the rest of the pages are from the form of february with biometric information
don't worry about that page being wrong - this page can be left out anyway. as long as the rest of the form was correct it should be fine (the date of the form is on the rest of the pages anyway).

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:03 am

Oh I really wish you are right the department in charge of the fee didn't mind but do you think the clerical department will bother checking inside the form after they see the first page is wrong ?

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:11 am

Marian2012 wrote:Oh I really wish you are right the department in charge of the fee didn't mind but do you think the clerical department will bother checking inside the form after they see the first page is wrong ?
the caseworker will only be given the form from page 5 onwards. they don't need the front page or the payment page.

Marian2012

Post by Marian2012 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:12 am

ooooh that is excellent! many thanks for your help, I have been loosing sleep over this