ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PSW awarded on Provisional letter cases

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

envisageamit0024
Newly Registered

PSW awarded on Provisional letter cases

Post by envisageamit0024 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:43 am

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone happen to know about cases where the applicant was granted a PSW visa on provisional letter.

I am going to apply from outside India, I have my funds in place. Only problem is the letter which states that

"....Has been recommended for the M.Sc. Exam Board in May.." as you can see this is where the whole problem lies. The statement does not mention with certainty that I will be granted the degree but it does mention I have cleared all my modules..

Immigration lawyer reviewed the letter..and said its likely to be refused..However if he says likely then there are chances of being granted the visa too..Should I take the bait and apply for the visa?

RandomPasserby
Newly Registered

Post by RandomPasserby » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:05 pm

You should write to the school and ask them to issue a letter that your lawyer thinks is acceptable. Or ask them to send your graduation certificate ASAP. £594 is a lot of money to throw away when the school could provide something more useful.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:35 pm

RandomPasserby wrote:You should write to the school and ask them to issue a letter that your lawyer thinks is acceptable. Or ask them to send your graduation certificate ASAP. £594 is a lot of money to throw away when the school could provide something more useful.
the university cannot say that a degree has been awarded until it has been awarded, and degrees are not awarded until the exam board sits and makes the final decision. The only thing he can request is that the board sits earlier if possible.

RandomPasserby
Newly Registered

Post by RandomPasserby » Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Well that's the only option he's got, then. If he applies with his provisional results, he's just throwing good money away.

Jackson25

Post by Jackson25 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:06 pm

DO NOT APPLY WITH PROVISIONAL LETTER FROM UNI!

I did the same and I got refused for my visa, my tier 4 visa expiry was on 27th of November and I my MSc certificate was issued on 1st of Dec so I had to apply before my visa expiry date, I get a letter which recommend me for a degree from my uni but homeoffice refuses my application and they gave me 0 point out of 75 possible points!

So my advice is not to apply with any sort of letter but your original certificate!

PSW WORRIES

re

Post by PSW WORRIES » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:49 am

Jackson25 wrote:DO NOT APPLY WITH PROVISIONAL LETTER FROM UNI!

I did the same and I got refused for my visa, my tier 4 visa expiry was on 27th of November and I my MSc certificate was issued on 1st of Dec so I had to apply before my visa expiry date, I get a letter which recommend me for a degree from my uni but homeoffice refuses my application and they gave me 0 point out of 75 possible points!

So my advice is not to apply with any sort of letter but your original certificate!
Hey Jackson, YES you can apply with a letter from your school IF ans IF the exam board has sat and approved your results. In the letter it will clearly state the board has sat and approved your results, uncluding date you started the course and the date the award was also made.

envisageamit0024
Newly Registered

pissed off

Post by envisageamit0024 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:01 pm

Did you make an appeal later on? By the time you had received your letter.
This is ridiculous, if the university's in UK have so many international students who all go through the same problem. Why don't they consider this and be flexible. These are just the tricks to reduce immigration by the university and the UKBA. Not accepting Provisional results and university holding these stupid board meeting where they do nothing. Who would stop students from graduating if they have cleared their modules and fees?? What is this board for anyways? I have been sending emails to the university since a whole month now. And no one is bothered to help. I feel I should take this matter to the f*****g court.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: pissed off

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:12 pm

envisageamit0024 wrote:

This is ridiculous, if the university's in UK have so many international students who all go through the same problem. Why don't they consider this and be flexible. These are just the tricks to reduce immigration by the university and the UKBA. Not accepting Provisional results and university holding these stupid board meeting where they do nothing. Who would stop students from graduating if they have cleared their modules and fees?? What is this board for anyways? I have been sending emails to the university since a whole month now. And no one is bothered to help. I feel I should take this matter to the f*****g court.
This has absolutely nothing to do with the universities. It is not in the interest of university's to bring down immigration, and to reduce the number of international students.

Universities have formal processes by which they abide, they cannot just award degrees without a formal exam board. This is where results are verified and the university can ensure that academic standards are appropriate, with the assitance of external examiners.

envisageamit0024
Newly Registered

Re: pissed off

Post by envisageamit0024 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:51 pm

Greenie wrote:
envisageamit0024 wrote:

This has absolutely nothing to do with the universities. It is not in the interest of university's to bring down immigration, and to reduce the number of international students.

Universities have formal processes by which they abide, they cannot just award degrees without a formal exam board. This is where results are verified and the university can ensure that academic standards are appropriate, with the assitance of external examiners.
Hi Greenie, Don't you think atleast now when the visa is being cancelled, the university considering the career prospects of the graduates should atleast try to hold an early board meeting for all those who had resubmissions? or for those whose visas expire before the university gives them approval? I don't have a problem with them conducting these meetings. But this has caused other students to suffer and incur losses which the university is oblivious to.