ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-1 Extension Payslips Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

UKVISAIMG
Newly Registered

Tier-1 Extension Payslips Query

Post by UKVISAIMG » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:26 pm

Hi,

Please help.

I have my Tier-1 extension due next week and I am going for PEO appointment.

I only have one question,

I have been working as contractor through Umbrella Company and received payments on weekly basis. I am clamming points for previous earnings for last 11 months duration (period 11-Apr-2011 to 27-Feb-2012). And during this time I have not been paid all the weeks, as I had taken some leaves so couldn’t get paid for those weeks and no Payslip got gererated for that week and also, sometimes due to holidays I got paid after 2 or 3 weeks together in the coming week.

So to summarises, during the time clamed for earnings I haven’t don’t have payslips for all the weeks.

However, I have all the payslips I have been paid during the period I am calming and the amount on Payslips matches with Bank statements.

According to the Tier-1 guidance notes for payslips as follows,

i) Payslips: These should be either formal
payslips or on company headed paper.
Where formal payslips are produced on
plain paper they must be stamped and
signed by the employer. Payslips which
are not on headed paper or if the applicant
receives all pay slips online, he/she must
authenticate the evidence by asking the
employer to sign and stamp a printout.
If the applicant provides payslips, they
must cover the whole period claimed (for
example, if payslips are produced monthly,
the applicant must provide the payslip for
each month of the period claimed
).

In my case, do I have to have payslips for every week for the duration I am calming points for? Is it going to be any problem in the extension? Or it doesn’t matter.

Please advice.

AccountantMatthew
Member of Standing

Post by AccountantMatthew » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:23 pm

However, I have all the payslips I have been paid during the period I am calming and the amount on Payslips matches with Bank statements.
That, to me, is the key part of your post. You are backing up what you are claiming with documentary evidence. That documentary evidence is then matching up to a second piece of documentary evidence. You're doing everything in your control.

Many employment salary payslips will often be generated at regular intervals. However not all are so you won't be in a unique situation.

Of course since I'm not the UKBA caseworker looking at your application, it's not the definitive opinion - but since you are backing up everything you are claiming I'm struggling to see a major problem here!
Please don't private message me or e-mail me for free personal advice - you are just wasting your time writing something that won't get answered.
Anything written here shouldn't be construed as being formal advice given in a professional capacity.

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:01 am

Further to AccountantMatthew's response, UKBA's Policy Guidance states that you do not have to be in continuous employment for the period in question, as long as the earnings you claim (and corroborate) give you enough points to qualify. I don't see any problem at all on the basis of the information you have provided as you have backed up your claimed earnings with all the necessary pieces of evidence.

UKVISAIMG
Newly Registered

Post by UKVISAIMG » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:15 am

Thanks very much AccountantMatthew and ScopeD for your inputs.

silverline

Post by silverline » Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:39 am

AGREED with AccountantMatthew and ScopeD