ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR(M) Processing times

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Papertrail

FLR(M) Processing times

Post by Papertrail » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:18 pm

Hi everyone,

Could anyone who has recently applied under the above visa category please share their experience on the waiting time? I know each case is different, but i would like a ball park time line.
I applied 4th of January this year by post , got a letter dated 6th of January on the 13th of January 2011. I am still waiting for further communication.

Anyone who has applied recently (still waiting or has been successful)...please respond.

Thanks!!

skeshapr
Newly Registered

Post by skeshapr » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:10 pm

Did you get your Biometrics done?

t2f
Newly Registered

Post by t2f » Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:40 pm

i am trying to get this visa myself! i have asked the ukba about the processing times, they told me that if you are already in the UK when you apply it can take anywhere from 1 working day (mainly for people who apply in person) up to one month. if youre out of the country they said it could take anywhere up to 3-4 months, but it just depends on the volume of people applying and your case.

Papertrail

Post by Papertrail » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:12 pm

Not yet. I just got the acknowledgement letter stating they got my application and that i should wait for further instructions from them. From what I have read what am waiting for is the letter or document to instruct me to go for the biometrics...

Papertrail

Post by Papertrail » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:36 pm

t2f wrote:i am trying to get this visa myself! i have asked the ukba about the processing times, they told me that if you are already in the UK when you apply it can take anywhere from 1 working day (mainly for people who apply in person) up to one month. if youre out of the country they said it could take anywhere up to 3-4 months, but it just depends on the volume of people applying and your case.
I thought applying by post wouldn't take this long especially since the application is from inside the UK. But if i knew what i know now i would have applied in person and get it over and done with. Am almost marking two months of waiting....
Maybe there is alot of backlog seeing as this is the beginning of the year and am sure there were lots of weddings and applications in December.

Papertrail

Post by Papertrail » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:37 pm

Huh......am still waiting for the BRP letter. This is getting very frustrating...I am thinking of calling them and just asking whats up :?: :?:

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:04 pm

If it's any consolation, I sent my application (via post) on the 16th of February and received the acknowledgement letter on the 20th of February. Still no biometrics letter to date! :cry:

Papertrail

Post by Papertrail » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:05 pm

stephanielqy wrote:If it's any consolation, I sent my application (via post) on the 16th of February and received the acknowledgement letter on the 20th of February. Still no biometrics letter to date! :cry:
I have read that some people never even got the acknowledgement letter but they got the biometrics appointment letter!!?!
Anyhow lets keep the faith that we all get our applications sorted ASAP.
Goodluck to you!

Papertrail

Post by Papertrail » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:08 pm

I am so applying in person next time!!

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:54 pm

I heard from a few other people who applied that they only got their biometrics booking letter 2 - 3 months after submitting their application! It's a pity especially since they only took 1 working day to process and approve my fiancee visa in my home country. Definitely going for the in-person service next time!

Fingers crossed we'll hear from them soon! Not liking the anxiety :(

anniecc

Post by anniecc » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:48 pm

I just received my biometric letter today - applied on 31 January.

Papertrail

Post by Papertrail » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:56 pm

anniecc wrote:I just received my biometric letter today - applied on 31 January.
I am so green with envy!! Congrats!

Papertrail

Post by Papertrail » Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:59 pm

stephanielqy wrote:I heard from a few other people who applied that they only got their biometrics booking letter 2 - 3 months after submitting their application! It's a pity especially since they only took 1 working day to process and approve my fiancee visa in my home country. Definitely going for the in-person service next time!

Fingers crossed we'll hear from them soon! Not liking the anxiety :(
The British Embassy in my country was so swift i couldnt believe it! I got my fiance visa before the date they had asked me to go get my passport! I thought that since i already had Entry Clearance, this would be a breeze. Boy was i wrong!!!

Papertrail

Post by Papertrail » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:06 pm

I have been waiting for that Biometrics Appointment Letter for 2months and 9 days now.....yeeees people! I be keeping the days countdown like that!!!!

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:06 pm

anniecc wrote:I just received my biometric letter today - applied on 31 January.

Congratulations, that's wonderful news!

tcbrasil

Timeline

Post by tcbrasil » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:51 pm

Usually, the biometric letter should be sent out within 1-2 weeks after they have sent the acknowledgement letter. But this not always happens, isn't it?
In my case, I didn't receive my acknowledgement letter because it seems that got lost by the royal mail. However, I received the biometric letter with over 4 weeks after I had sent my documents.
I'm really hoping all of us get our applications sorted as soon as possible so we can get on with our lives.

Here is my timeline so far:

Date Applied/Docs sent: 18/01/2012
Date Docs arrived to HO: 19/01/2012
Date Received Ack. Letter: Probably got lost somewhere
Date Biometrics booking letter arrived: 20/02/2012
Date Biometrics taken - Sheffield PEO: 28/02/2012

Date Aproval Letter issued: Waiting...
Date Passport/Docs arrived: Waiting...
Date Biometric Card Arrived: Waiting...

Visa Type : FLR(M) for spouse
Visa From: Tier 4 Student

Good Luck Everyone!

Echo721
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) Processing times

Post by Echo721 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Papertrail wrote:Hi everyone,

Could anyone who has recently applied under the above visa category please share their experience on the waiting time? I know each case is different, but i would like a ball park time line.
I applied 4th of January this year by post , got a letter dated 6th of January on the 13th of January 2011. I am still waiting for further communication.

Anyone who has applied recently (still waiting or has been successful)...please respond.

Thanks!!

Here is my application:

Date Docs sent: 23/2/2012
Date payment was taken: 29/2/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 2/3/12 (dated 27/2/12)
Date bio-metrics booking letter: Waiting........... :(

Visa applied for: FLR(M) Unmarried parter
Switching from: Tier 1 (General)

Echo721
Newly Registered

Re: FLR(M) Processing times

Post by Echo721 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Date Docs sent: 23/2/2012
Date payment was taken: 29/2/12
Date Ack. Letter received: 2/3/12 (dated 27/2/12)
Date bio-metrics booking letter received: 22/3/2012 (dated 19/2/12, 2nd class post)

Visa applied for: FLR(M) Unmarried parter
Switching from: Tier 1 (General) which expires on 20/4/2012

I'll go to get my biometrics done tomorrow. :)

Papertrail

Post by Papertrail » Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:52 pm

I am entering the fourth month of waiting tomorrow for the BAL. I am so distressed about it. Whats the best cause of action?

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 pm

Papertrail wrote:I am entering the fourth month of waiting tomorrow for the BAL. I am so distressed about it. Whats the best cause of action?

Hi Papertrail, I'm so sorry that you still haven't gotten your biometrics appointment letter. If I remember from your previous posts, the UKBA has already taken payment from you, so that means that your application hasn't been rejected outright.. Small consolation!

Personally, I think your best bet is to sit tight for another 2 months (until you're past the 6 month mark) and then write to your MP. It's highly unlikely the UKBA will do anything to speed up your application before the 6 months is up. That's my game plan anyway! :)

The mods might have a better suggestion, if they're reading this?

Papertrail

Post by Papertrail » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:07 pm

stephanielqy wrote:
Papertrail wrote:I am entering the fourth month of waiting tomorrow for the BAL. I am so distressed about it. Whats the best cause of action?

Hi Papertrail, I'm so sorry that you still haven't gotten your biometrics appointment letter. If I remember from your previous posts, the UKBA has already taken payment from you, so that means that your application hasn't been rejected outright.. Small consolation!

Personally, I think your best bet is to sit tight for another 2 months (until you're past the 6 month mark) and then write to your MP. It's highly unlikely the UKBA will do anything to speed up your application before the 6 months is up. That's my game plan anyway! :)

Hi Stephanielqy..Thank you.. :( Well they should should mention this in their website!..apply and buckle up for a straight trip to hell!!!! How do they deal with applications really? because a couple of people in this thread applied, in the same category as myself, later than i did and they have already got their BAL. Anyway i guess all cant be the same...
If its 6 months for the entire process...yeah..6 months waiting for that letter?? I have read of the applicant who waited for 8 months and i am so afraid of going down that road too.

stephanielqy

Post by stephanielqy » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:54 am

Tbh I thought that everyone joined a big queue to be assigned to a caseworker. Once "on the desk', a person's application is decided on its own merits and the time it takes for a decision to be reached is dependent on each case. This is pure speculation and I'm evidently wrong since you haven't even received the BAL yet!

When you rang them, did they say that your application hasn't been assigned to a case worker? When I called the UKBA the last time, they seemed to have the information about when the letter was sent out so if you haven't already, enquire about that?

Hang in there Papertrail! You never know, you'll probably get your passport returned and biometrics card a lot quicker than the rest of us! *big hug*

Papertrail

Post by Papertrail » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:31 pm

stephanielqy wrote:Tbh I thought that everyone joined a big queue to be assigned to a caseworker. Once "on the desk', a person's application is decided on its own merits and the time it takes for a decision to be reached is dependent on each case. This is pure speculation and I'm evidently wrong since you haven't even received the BAL yet!

When you rang them, did they say that your application hasn't been assigned to a case worker? When I called the UKBA the last time, they seemed to have the information about when the letter was sent out so if you haven't already, enquire about that?

Hang in there Papertrail! You never know, you'll probably get your passport returned and biometrics card a lot quicker than the rest of us! *big hug*
Awww thanks Stephanielqy.. so sweet of you. Thank you! Well they said that my application was waiting to be allocated a case worker :evil: since January!!! Anyway am going to be patient and wait so am giving the post man a break...I have another two months before i hit the 6 months. I hope it doesn't take that long to get our applications on the damn case worker desks.
I hope that you get your card ASAP!**fingers and toes crossed for you**!!

bobobo

Post by bobobo » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:48 pm

CAll the HO and ask for a BAL to be sent to you, thats taking the mickey. 4 Months is a long time, maybe they have just forgotten about you and you need to give them a wake up call, I know I would
Papertrail wrote:
stephanielqy wrote:

Hi Stephanielqy..Thank you.. :( Well they should should mention this in their website!..apply and buckle up for a straight trip to hell!!!! How do they deal with applications really? because a couple of people in this thread applied, in the same category as myself, later than i did and they have already got their BAL. Anyway i guess all cant be the same...
If its 6 months for the entire process...yeah..6 months waiting for that letter?? I have read of the applicant who waited for 8 months and i am so afraid of going down that road too.

naz12345
Newly Registered

FLRM HELP

Post by naz12345 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:29 pm

Hi im a newbie i have sent my husbads flrm off om 5th march 2012 received biometric enrollment letter on 15 march enrolled biometrics 17th march not heard anything since then am really worried :cry: