ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

4EUFam Retention and Marriage again outside EU

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zafarzafar80

4EUFam Retention and Marriage again outside EU

Post by zafarzafar80 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:21 pm

Hi All,

I have a question, and your expert advise is needed.

Here is the back ground: I am holder of 4EUFam card which is going to expire later this year. I was married in Ireland in 2006 and got divorced in Poland in 2011 and got my 4EUFam card retention exercising my own treaty rights.

My Question: If i want to get married outside EU and apply for my future wife visa as my dependent would there be any issue ? Is there some thing i can do now ? Do i need to apply for equilancy to my polish divorce in ireland as i was originally married in ireland. Any advise would be appreciated.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Re: 4EUFam Retention and Marriage again outside EU

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:56 pm

zafarzafar80 wrote:Hi All,

I have a question, and your expert advise is needed.

Here is the back ground: I am holder of 4EUFam card which is going to expire later this year. I was married in Ireland in 2006 and got divorced in Poland in 2011 and got my 4EUFam card retention exercising my own treaty rights.

My Question: If i want to get married outside EU and apply for my future wife visa as my dependent would there be any issue ? Is there some thing i can do now ? Do i need to apply for equilancy to my polish divorce in ireland as i was originally married in ireland. Any advise would be appreciated.
What Nationality are you?

If you are a non EU citizen, while your right to remain in IReland might survive in light of your divorce of a EU citizen, it will no longer be on EU law terms. You will then have to rely on the host countries' domestic immigration laws.

In Ireland, you might have a problem, depending on the facts of the case.

If you are from an EU State, so long as you are free to marry, and are exercising your rights in Ireland , then EU law applies as normal and you can bring over spouse.

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:01 pm

What Nationality are you?

If you are a non EU citizen, while your right to remain in IReland might survive in light of your divorce of a EU citizen, it will no longer be on EU law terms. You will then have to rely on the host countries' domestic immigration laws.

In Ireland, you might have a problem, depending on the facts of the case.

If you are from an EU State, so long as you are free to marry, and are exercising your rights in Ireland , then EU law applies as normal and you can bring over spouse.

I am from India, I am holder of 4EUFam and divorced in Poland. I informed EU Treaty Rights that we are divorced and got retention of my 4EUFam card.

Now please explain again, i am confused in the above explaination ? What do you mean ?

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:03 pm

I am working full time since day one in Dublin

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:08 pm

even though you have stamp4EUFAM based on your divorce, your new wife will not be considered EU Treaty rights, but as a spouse of any Non EU national according to the irish laws.
Meaning that she will not be entitled to stamp 4 for starters. She would only get stamp 3.
Also, the entry visa application will have to be sought based on your own circumstances.

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Thank You