ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Overstayer advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

holliehart
Newly Registered

Overstayer advice

Post by holliehart » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:52 am

Good morning

I would like some basic advise as to the best route to take.

I am a British citizen my partner is from St Lucia and has overstayed in the UK since 2008.

We have two children together one three in April the other sixteen months.

I am finding it incredibly difficult to gain any free advise, I am a mother of five on benefits so am in a very difficult financial position as we are very stressed out with our current situation.
We were going to make an application to the UKBA for DLR due to him having the children here and it breeching his human rights if they were to remove him i have a friend of the family whom is a solicitor but the criminal side of immigration, whom suggested this but has now heard that the UKBA are now being very tough with these type of applications and he is not sure this would be the best route to take.

If he were to return to St Lucia to make an application this would have tremendous pressure placed on myself and the children to cope, i also have two daughters aged 5 and 6 whom call my partner daddy as their father lives in Jamaica.

My sixteen month old son suffers from eczema and receives DLA and is under a consultant at kings, and requires a lot of care.

I rely on my partner to help me with the children for everything we are a family unit and want to be a normal family with rights.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
Many thanks
H

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:55 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:00 am

if your partner is not working (which he shouldn't be if he is an overstayer) then you should be entitled to free legal help.

In what area of the country do you live?

holliehart
Newly Registered

Post by holliehart » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:04 am

We live in SE23 and no he is not working.

holliehart
Newly Registered

Post by holliehart » Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:08 am

Thank you this is most useful i have read lots of articles about these cases but it seems the UKBA make the rules up as they go along.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:02 am

holliehart wrote:We live in SE23 and no he is not working.
Seek legal advice - the following firms offer free legal advice under the legal help scheme and are fairly close to you

Fadiga and Co
http://www.fadigaandco.com

Barnes, Harrild and Dyer

http://www.lawyer-guide.co.uk/7978/

Wandsworth and merton Law centre

http://www.lawcentres.org.uk/directory/ ... aw-centre/

Croydon and Sutton Law centre

http://www.lawcentres.org.uk/directory/ ... w-centres/

Battersea Law Centre

http://www.lawcentres.org.uk/directory/ ... w-centres/

holliehart
Newly Registered

Post by holliehart » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:25 am

Thank you will give them a try.

Humanity

Post by Humanity » Wed Mar 14, 2012 3:59 pm

holliehart wrote:Thank you will give them a try.
DLR is still his best option. Might be a ' difficult' route but seems to be the feasible route along with spousal visa which is not even guaranteed. Nothing in life is . I understand your frustration,am kind of in the same situation.

daisyboo
Newly Registered

Re: your situation

Post by daisyboo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi,

Contact 07852002285. This person does pro-bono work from time to time. She is also from St Lucia.

All the best

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: your situation

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 3:46 pm

daisyboo wrote:Hi,

Contact 07852002285. This person does pro-bono work from time to time. She is also from St Lucia.

All the best
what is the name of this person and which organisation does she work for?

The OP is entitled to free legal help and lives close to another of respectable providers so why go to someone who would have to do the work pro bono?

daisyboo
Newly Registered

Re: "what is the name of this person and which organisa

Post by daisyboo » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:10 pm

With all due respect, I don't think this person would want me to disclose such information. Although she does pro bono (for the public good) work so far she hasn't charged a penny for helping those who cannot pay legal fees.

It is entirely up to the lady who she gives her partner's case to handle, it is not up to you or myself to decide. What is paramount is that the adviser is competent to conduct the case.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: "what is the name of this person and which organisa

Post by Greenie » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:36 pm

daisyboo wrote:With all due respect, I don't think this person would want me to disclose such information. Although she does pro bono (for the public good) work so far she hasn't charged a penny for helping those who cannot pay legal fees.

It is entirely up to the lady who she gives her partner's case to handle, it is not up to you or myself to decide. What is paramount is that the adviser is competent to conduct the case.
how does she know that this person is competent and authorised to advice on immigration matters without knowing the name of the organisation/invidual and who she is regulated by?

If this lady is bothered by her name being mentioned why doesn't she mind her mobile number being given out on a public forum?