ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Justification for Cash Salary -Tier 1 Extention

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

locaor
Newly Registered

Justification for Cash Salary -Tier 1 Extention

Post by locaor » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:22 am

I am doing a part time job and taking salary in cash. I have one proof as salary slip. Employer is source of info in this case but what can be used as second sourse of information in this case. can P60 will work with salary slips or letter form HMRC stating income agiant my NI will work with salry slips?

Please comment?

rakeysh.patel
Diamond Member

Re: Justification for Cash Salary -Tier 1 Extention

Post by rakeysh.patel » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:59 am

locaor wrote:I am doing a part time job and taking salary in cash. I have one proof as salary slip. Employer is source of info in this case but what can be used as second sourse of information in this case. can P60 will work with salary slips or letter form HMRC stating income agiant my NI will work with salry slips?

Please comment?
While I struggle to understand with your Howard English - I see that you will have problem conveying your case to CW. They ideally like to see two forms of proofs of the salary being paid. One being salary slip and other being usually the bank statement that proves the amount credited. Other problem I see would be the fact that your employer may not be even paying HMRC the share of your tax which he deducted from your salary as well as employers tax. You may want to check on this.

Your P60 would be good to support the income, but I still feel you need the bank statements to show the salary being credited !!!
An [Expensive] Immigrant journey has ended 19/08/2015. Good luck to you all out there...

locaor
Newly Registered

Post by locaor » Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:55 pm

Empolyer is paying the NI and income tax cotribution. If at the year end i manage to get a letter from HMRC detailing my income from my empoyer.

Now i will have two proof of income from from two difference sources.

1-Salary Slips from employer.

2- Letter form HMRC statement saying that i have earned this much form xyz employer.

3 I will also have P60 but i am not sure from what soure it is? Employer or HMRC ?

Do you thing by this way i can justify my cash salary.

black7

Post by black7 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:14 pm

You need two proof from two different source to claim points for earning.

P60 is from HMRC, but it will come in april annually and may not show the complete earning for the period you want to claim, if that not be case then salary slip and P60 are perfectly acceptable evidence

Regards

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:28 pm

black7 wrote:P60 is from HMRC
You may want to verify this. I say P60 is issued by the employer, therefore P60 and his Payslips will be considered as coming from the same source.

black7

Post by black7 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:48 pm

ScopeD wrote:
black7 wrote:P60 is from HMRC
You may want to verify this. I say P60 is issued by the employer, therefore P60 and his Payslips will be considered as coming from the same source.
Yes you are right, P60 is issued by the employer, apology for wrong information

Regards

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:48 pm

payslips & P60 are from same source

read 110 in guidance notes

you must provide bank statements as second source
Manka

locaor
Newly Registered

Post by locaor » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:17 pm

But what if i attach a letter from HMRC stating the amout earned during whole tax year. Will this be acceptible as 2nd evidence from different source.

As luckily my period of earning can cover the whole tax year.

Manka10

Post by Manka10 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:38 pm

might work but better double check
Manka

locaor
Newly Registered

Post by locaor » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:39 pm

accrding to guidance note:

114. Paragrph 245A of immigration Rules states that we will only award points when an applicant provides the specified evidence that he/she meets the requirements for this category. The specified documents are as follows:

iv) Official tax document produce by the tax authority or employer, showing earnings on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year. For these purposes, we define official tax documents as:

* a document produced by a tax authority that shows details of declarable taxable income on which tax has been paid or will be paid in a tax year (for example a tax refund letter or tax demand);

* a document produced by an employer as an official return to a tax authority, showing details of earnings on which tax has been paid in a tax year (for example a P60 in the United Kingdom);

If i manage to arrrange both of above documnets, will this be acceptible as both of them will be from different source. Have some one experimented this before? please share

locaor
Newly Registered

Post by locaor » Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:28 pm

I can provide Wages Slip on top of that.

There is no chance of providing Bank Statement to these wages as i get the money in cash.

locaor
Newly Registered

Post by locaor » Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:58 pm

Can i have answer to my question please?

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:24 pm

Do you normally deposit the cash salary in the bank?

locaor
Newly Registered

Post by locaor » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:48 pm

not really....

LankanFunkin

Post by LankanFunkin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:01 am

Bit of a rock and a hard place here since you dont have bank statements. If I were you, I'd arm myself with everything legitimate as possible: get the salary slips from your employer, a letter from them as well confirming your salary and that it is paid in cash, prior tax documents, and an employment history from the HMRC that confirms your employer.

Good luck, and if you get through ok, please opt for direct deposit. You need a paper trail mate.

locaor
Newly Registered

Post by locaor » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:38 pm

Thanks for you suggestion.

But

Has some one used these documents to prove income. if yes what was the outcome?

I.e

From Employer:
1-P60
2-Wages Slip

From HMRC:
a document from HMRC confirming income during a specific tax year plus name of the eplyer.

no bank statement as wages was drawn as cash.

Please share your experiences.[/quote]

ScopeD
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ScopeD » Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:41 am

locaor wrote:Has some one used these documents to prove income. if yes what was the outcome?

I.e

From Employer:
1-P60
2-Wages Slip

From HMRC:
a document from HMRC confirming income during a specific tax year plus name of the eplyer.
[/quote]

Given the limited choices you have, I would be tempted to use the HMRC letter as a second piece of evidence. There is a valid argument that this is from a second source. Sorry I couldn't find any useful statement from the Policy Guidance to quote but I think in the absence of other documents this may be your only option.

ban.s

Post by ban.s » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:13 pm

technically speaking salary slips/employers letter and HMRC don't corroborate the actual gross income.

HMRC letter only confirms the tax component - it doesn't confirm if the net amount mentioned in the salary slip was actually paid in cash.
what is the proof that the employee 'paid in cash' actually received the amount mentioned in the payslip and not less?