ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Guide SET(O) as of 16March 2012

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rk_confused
Newly Registered

Guide SET(O) as of 16March 2012

Post by rk_confused » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:38 pm

I was contemplating to submit my ILR application when I stumbled across this strange new requirement [11c] in SET(O).

I am currently on Tier1 and was umemployed for 6months within 5 year period. After being unemployed for 6 months I have been self-employed (contracting) for a year but does this clause mean that I am no longer eligible to apply of ILR?

Thankyou & Regards

Note Clause [11c] of SET(O) states:

Employment not requiring a work permit If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK in one of the employment not requiring a work permit categories listed below, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following:

- Recent document(s) from your current authorised employer confirming that you are still needed for the same work and that your employment with them is continuing.

- Document(s) from your authorised employer(s) over the past 5 years confirming that you have been employed continuously in this work throughout that period.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:44 pm

This clause is more for Tier 2 Migrants. This is not for you, if you are on Tier 1 G. So need not to worry about it.
The question is... to be or not to be....

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:50 pm

That's interesting!
I always believed that 'employment that does not require work permit' is usually Tier 1/HSMP.
Goodluck.

zahid.ali.anwar
Member of Standing

Post by zahid.ali.anwar » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:56 pm

Clause 11L to be filled by Tier 1 migrants.
The question is... to be or not to be....

jaskiratbaweja

Re: Guide SET(O) as of 16March 2012

Post by jaskiratbaweja » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:01 pm

rk_confused wrote:I was contemplating to submit my ILR application when I stumbled across this strange new requirement [11c] in SET(O).

I am currently on Tier1 and was umemployed for 6months within 5 year period. After being unemployed for 6 months I have been self-employed (contracting) for a year but does this clause mean that I am no longer eligible to apply of ILR?

Thankyou & Regards

Note Clause [11c] of SET(O) states:

Employment not requiring a work permit If you are applying for indefinite leave to remain on completing 5 years’ continuous stay in the UK in one of the employment not requiring a work permit categories listed below, in addition to the relevant documents in 11A, you must provide the following:

- Recent document(s) from your current authorised employer confirming that you are still needed for the same work and that your employment with them is continuing.

- Document(s) from your authorised employer(s) over the past 5 years confirming that you have been employed continuously in this work throughout that period.
This clause is more for people like Ministers of Religion, Overseas Newpaper employees, Airline Ground Staff etc. It has nothing to do with Tier 1