ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion over HSMP stamping

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bhumi

Confusion over HSMP stamping

Post by Bhumi » Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:54 am

hi guys,

i am a work permit holder currently having completed 2 yrs now. I am gonig to apply for HSMP with new criteria. But i am confused as to how many yrs will i get LTR in this country. As according to my current visa i have completed 2 yrs and need 3 more yrs for indefinite stay in this country. So will the EC team give me 2 yrs as usual for HSMP or will they give 3 yrs fulfilling my requirement for indefinite stay.
Because if they do not consider my previous yrs i might as well continue on work permit for another year and them convert to HSMP after a year, saving me time and cost later. However i dont trust Home office when they would change rules again.

Could you'll please advice on this.

Thanx

hari15
Member of Standing

Re: Confusion over HSMP stamping

Post by hari15 » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:22 pm

Bhumi wrote:hi guys,

i am a work permit holder currently having completed 2 yrs now. I am gonig to apply for HSMP with new criteria. But i am confused as to how many yrs will i get LTR in this country. As according to my current visa i have completed 2 yrs and need 3 more yrs for indefinite stay in this country. So will the EC team give me 2 yrs as usual for HSMP or will they give 3 yrs fulfilling my requirement for indefinite stay.
Because if they do not consider my previous yrs i might as well continue on work permit for another year and them convert to HSMP after a year, saving me time and cost later. However i dont trust Home office when they would change rules again.

Could you'll please advice on this.

Thanx
Bhumi,
apply for hsmp as early as possible if you can...

Planning to wait for a year is not advicable.. Nobody knows which law changes at what time...

What if they remove HSMP scheme itself by next year :P

Bhumi

Post by Bhumi » Wed Nov 08, 2006 12:40 pm

thanks hari15,

Didnt think of that ...
i guess you r right, you never know what changes will come next with these immigration people.